How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2021, 05:48 AM

Default Re: Q regarding how to connect TC Clarity M [SOLVED]

Hey Friends

Just wanted to update that this is fixed by Awesome Avid Tech who went into our Macs and mirrored the M-L and M-R with ADAT 1: 1-2 and now it works like a champ both Clarity.

Thank You Very Much for all your ideas and advice! I bet some of your advice was part of the issue but a producer is not the same as A big studio Tech i noticed lately as our Super wizard 17-18 yo interns aren’t allowed here by the state when there are more people than 10 at a time so we are on our own as of now so Tha k you everyone again for your assistance and your patience and kindness

You are the Best!

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 11-21-2021, 10:35 AM

Default Re: [SOLVED] how to connect TC Clarity M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hey Friends

We have a few TC Clarity M stereo and 5.1 units and I am trying to connect one to the CARBON but have no idea how to or how to configure the connections.

On our Apollo X series we had it on the sp/dif connector but Carbon doesn’t have that so how do I connect the TC Clarity M to the Carbon and do I meed to make any setups in i/o aswe never had to do that on our apollos.

Sorry for all the noob questions lately but we are producers and all our awesome interns who usually does all tech are not allowed here due to covid restrictions.

Thanks a million for a step by step. And please explain like I am a 5 yo

You don't have to use the usb or plugin for the clarity M, What I did is go into the Setup, then hardware, go to Optical I/O change the adat port 1 to s/pdif on your output inside of your pro tools session by holding shift + control and click on 1 adat 1+2, you should be able to run clarity without the use of the usb. Me and a friend (Shockhouse) figure this out works beautiful
Old 11-21-2021, 10:58 AM

Default Re: [SOLVED] how to connect TC Clarity M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Beats Studio View Post
You don't have to use the usb or plugin for the clarity M, What I did is go into the Setup, then hardware, go to Optical I/O change the adat port 1 to s/pdif on your output inside of your pro tools session by holding shift + control and click on 1 adat 1+2, you should be able to run clarity without the use of the usb. Me and a friend (Shockhouse) figure this out works beautiful
Welcome to DUC, but could you next time please actually read a thread before replying to it.