Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 06-15-2020, 12:44 PM

Default Can't find or add contacts to Avid Link

I'm trying to use the Pro Tools Projects collaboration features to share access to a session (technically a "project"). I set up my account a couple years ago when this feature first came out, I was able to add one contact (my boss) and together we tested the sharing features on a shared project, and then I never used it again.

Now I'm trying to actually use it with a client, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add him as a contact. I tried searching in the "find talent" tab, but I can't find him. I tried searching for my boss, since he was already in my contact list and I know that his account exists, but the search yielded nothing. I also tried signing into the studio's account and searching for myself, and that search also yielded nothing. Am I missing something here?

I'm running Pro tools 2020, I've got the latest version of Avid link, I'm on a PC, my boss is on a mac, let me know if there's other info you need.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Can't find or add contacts to Avid Link

I found you (in Find Talent) and did a Contact Request. Please accept that or start a support case with more info. Thanks!
Old 06-15-2020, 01:27 PM

I received your contact request successfully. What did you search for when you searched for and found me? When I sign into the studio account and search for myself, I find nothing. When I search for you, I also find nothing.

I click the Find Talent tab, type my full name into the search bar, and nothing comes. I also tried it with my username and my email address, neither worked.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:31 PM

It seems like there's something going on with the search bar. When I click the Find Talent tab, one of the first names that pops up (before I type anything into the search bar) is someone named Tony Cray, and their user name is Tone Cray. However, when I search for either Tony Cray or Tone Cray, nothing comes up.

Am I using this incorrectly?
Old 06-15-2020, 03:11 PM

I see Tony Cray listed second, when I do a Community Search for him it returns a bunch of users named 'tony' and/or 'cray' with him at the top of the list. Can you confirm you have 2020.4 installed, then click Clear Cache Files in Preferences?
Old 06-15-2020, 08:27 PM

I have version 2020.4 and I have cleared the cache in the Avid Link preferences, and still all community searches come up completely blank, including searching for my own email address.

Also, once I search for anything in the search bar, nothing ever shows again on that page. The only way to get anything to show up on the Find Talent tab is to quit avid link and sign in again.

I've attached a screen recording of the issue. You can see that at first you can see Tony Cray in the list, then when I search for him, nothing, and then me leaving the tab and coming back, and the search page continues to be completely blank.

Screen Recording:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uiw159pu8y...earch.mov?dl=0
Old 09-14-2021, 09:42 AM

Default Can't find or add contacts to Avid Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbiel View Post
...still missing the one from my colleague...
Can you confirm that you tried the right+click > Reset in the window to the right when looking at Find Talent?