Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 AM

Default Automation Latency

Apologies if this has been discussed in depth before, but couldnt find anything on this. When writing automation, I notice that the volume graph will jump back after I hit stop. Im hearing it one way while writing the automation, and playback is a little late. The amount varies depending on the playback buffer size. The larger the buffer size the more it jumps back. This seems kind of "non pro" to me. If I turn off delay compensation it does not do it. Kind of need that on though especially when using lots of UA plug ins. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. This is not unique to PT 10 either. Happened under PT 9 as well. Im not past the limit on DC for PT either. Reminds me of the Allison automation days!!

PT 10.0.1
Mac Pro Nehalem 24GB ram
HD3 PCI-X
Magma expansion chassis
OS 10.7.2
Old 06-08-2012, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Automation Latency

I have the same problem. Anyone have a fix? I do see a commonality in that I'm using UA plugs as well.
PT v9
HD|Native
MacPro octacore
C24 worksurface
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM

After a little more testing: DISABLE DELAY COMPENSATION while writing automation was a workaround. The above problems were still there even on a new, blank session with one empty audio track. Hopefully Avid will fix this annoying little problem that is obviously Pro Tools and not third party plug-in related.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWB View Post
After a little more testing: DISABLE DELAY COMPENSATION while writing automation was a workaround. The above problems were still there even on a new, blank session with one empty audio track. Hopefully Avid will fix this annoying little problem that is obviously Pro Tools and not third party plug-in related.
Same issue here. No UAD plugins. I tested it in a session with one audio track, routed directly to physical outputs. w/ no plugins, automation was written in time. With one plugin on the audio track (I used a Waves Linear Phase EQ) the automation was visibly and audibly written late. ProTools 9.0.6 -- this is not a ProTools 10 issue solely.

PT HD4, 9.0.6
OSX 10.7
MacPro 2012, 20GB RAM

Last edited by WildHoney; 09-14-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: system specs