Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2010, 03:23 AM

Default Just installed Pro Tools Mbox Mini. (Help?)

So I unboxed my Mbox today and installed the Software before plugging things in. I'm running Windows 7 Pro, and I'm running a 32-bit Operating system. Everything was good and music sounded amazing, until there were sudden small pops while I was enjoying the new Samson speakers I got along with the Mbox. Soon enough, there were waves of thick sustaining noises that would come and go. The noise sounds a bit like a hiss.. but also resembles the sound of a highly pressured running hose. *PSSHHHHHHH* They will suddenly appear while I'm running PT, or just listening to music on a player. I'm really bummed about this. Cables are all new as well. I read the instructions carefully and wired everything in place.. I can only imagine there being soo many possibilities of what's causing this. I also noticed there would sometimes be little pops when I'm clicking out of the windows or just opening up another. Any helpful informations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.