How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2022, 07:28 PM

Default ? about disk allocation/drive permission

Odd problem I can't figure out. I took an old session off a back up HD, imported to my M1 iMac. Worked on mixing the tune for awhile with no problems. Then I tried to print my mix (inside PT) and got the error message saying "Unable to create record files for one or more tracks. Check your disk allocation and drive permission". I tried consolidating my tracks and got the same message. So I exported all my clips to my desktop, made a new session, imported them, reassembled my tracks, imported all my session data. In the new session it let me consolidate my tracks (at first). I re-tweaked my mix and pressed record. Same message! Somehow this problem came along with the tracks into a new session and after it let me consolidate tracks it had previously disallowed. Where the heck is this coming from and can I fix it so I can print a mix of this song?