How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM

Default Serial number not accepted.

Hi,

I just bought a crossgrade from Avid store PT Le to PT 10, and the serial number of my Mbox Pro 3 is not accepted when trying to download. Since the response from store is none, I would like to now if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Artur
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Serial number not accepted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmcosta View Post
Hi,

I just bought a crossgrade from Avid store PT Le to PT 10, and the serial number of my Mbox Pro 3 is not accepted when trying to download. Since the response from store is none, I would like to now if anyone can help me.

Thanks

Artur
Hi,

Are you definitely using the serial number and not the product code!

Did you buy the unit new? (incase the serial has been used already)

did you get any massage when you tried to use it? or did it just not get accepted?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:08 PM

Having the same problem with my digi 003. Have you gotten any assistance? Thanks
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM

I had assistance, not very common though because I had to call to Spain (I live in Portugal). It's odd that the customer doesn't have the possibility to e-mail some one. But at least now I understand the problem. I bought a mbox pro 3 without the PT software and so this mbox is not eligible to cross-grade. I also get the information that I could cross-grade through a Mbox 1st generation which is associated to a PT LE 7, but in the online store says that mbox 1 is not supported. I tried the mbox 1 serial and is not accepted. I'm waiting for further information.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:04 PM

The Mbox 1st generation does not qualify, so that will not work. You may need to try to return this upgrade software and purchase a full license.

Darryl
Old 12-29-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Having the same problem with my digi 003. Have you gotten any assistance? Thanks
How can you be having the same problem? Your digi 003 came with a version of Pro Tools LE. What exact problem/symptoms are you having?

Are you entering all the characters correctly? Be careful about 8 and B and 0 and O etc. Are you entering the correct string being asked for? hardware serial number vs software license number? I cannot even remember the cross grade steps I followed.

Did you purchase the 003 new? If not it may have already been used for a crossgrade.

At the bottom of the Avid Audio Product Registration web page there is a link on how to get registration help, you can try there.

Darryl
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 AM

I contacted Avid support and they told me that I can cross grade, after all. I already have a ilok license.

Thanks for all the replies,

Artur