Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Where are my Rtas plug ins?

hello there...

i have been using audiosuite plug ins for quite soemtime now and would like to experience some other plug ins..the main one being reason adapted...i want to record it live into protools with my radium 49 controller. when i click insert for a track the only plug ins it shows are audiosuiteand i/o...no rtas or vst or anything else(i dont think i have any vst plug-ins anyways), same with the top protools toolbar on the screen..is there a certain folder that i have to drop all of my extra plug ins into? i cant find any of the additional plug ins that came with my protools, or reason adapted(i can run reason fine standalone). i have an intel i mac and i have the 7.1.1 updates and everything...its all gravy except i dont know how to use any other plug ins... somebody please help me.

thanks from smirl
Old 01-14-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Where are my Rtas plug ins?

I am having the same problem. the wierd thing is on my G4 laptop (10.4.3) i see "reason" in the 'instrument' section of plug-ins. but only 'click' on my Mac duo core tower(10.4.8). both running the same pro-tools 7.1.
if i select track to be midi, i can see that Reason is registering when i hit a key and in record mode, and even record bars onto that midi track. but i can't hear it.
sorry i can;t help. but i hope someone can.

though i think mine are 2 problems. i am new to midi.

thanks.
VM
Old 01-15-2007, 03:54 AM

Your plugins should be in machd/library/application support/digidesign/plugins

They should all end in the .dpm suffix.

If they are not in that location then pro tools is not "seeing" them

They may have been installed elsewhere by mistake. Use finder to search for ".dpm", hopefully this will bring up your plugins and show you where they have been installed, if you are unsure of moving them just copy them into the location above.

This should then work.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:30 PM

The Plugins are all in the correct place as you listed.
i even see the DigiReWire.dpm plugin.
but it doesn't show up when i look for it on the the "instrument select plugins" list.
i see 'click' as he only one.
on my laptop i see it works fine. just not on my MacPro.

i installed pro-tools/Reason at the same time on both.

i appreciate your help.

thanks,
VM