Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Overlapping Wav files in a Single Track?

Quote:
Netrag, that doesn't sound like it will work but I will try it. That sounds like it will still stop the 1st wav before the 2nd wav begins.
CROSS-fade by definition lets one file fade OVER the onset of a new file.

Whether or not you can get the results you want using this method, I don't know, but best follow your own advice.

Try it.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:06 PM

I just tried it, it didn't work. Oh well, I figured there was a way to have both play on top of each other, like some other DAW allow you to. That's alright, I'll have to figure something else out. Like suggested, I might have to bounce the two files to make them into one.

thanks to everyone for the help. If anyone knows of an easier way, let me know.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:22 PM

it will work, i do it all the time, unfortunately it's not easy to explain in a forum. the outshape should be the open square with the corner in the top right. the link has to be "None" and the in shape is the open square with the corner in the top left. with these settings your tracks will overlap the way you want with no fade occuring. the selection you make in the edit window prior to calling up the cross fade window will determine how long they will overlap.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 PM

Netrag, you're awesome. I tried it again, it worked perfectly.

Thank you.