Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Seperating one session into two tracks

I want to do a song that is going to feed into another song but I want them on seperate tracks.How would I go about doing this?
Old 02-10-2004, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Seperating one session into two tracks

Explain what you want to do a little more

Old 02-10-2004, 11:36 AM

O k,i want to take two of my songs(totally seperate songs)song 1 and song 2.Song 1 begins on track 3 on my cd it plays all the way through till the end of the song.At the end of the song it stops and the guitar keeps feedbacking.Then out of nowhere song 2 kicks in while the guitar is still feedbacking.I dont want song 2 to be on the same track(3) as song 1 because then you would have to listen to song 1 to get to song 2(or fastforward it)i want song 2 to be on track 4.so the only way I can figure to have this happen is to record song 1(drums) in a session on pt,then at the end of the drum track for song 1 sroll about ten seconds then record the drum track for song 2.Then record the rest of the instruments to both songs.When I record the guitar to song 1 let it feedback into song 2.But then I have both of these songs on one session in pt.one session to bounce down to disc one session to master,and one track(wich is not what I want, I want it two seperate tracks) How do I cut these into two different tracks?I hope this makes since.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:49 AM

Why don't you record the two songs in different sessions.Mix them the way you like, then put the album together in a Stereo editing program like Sound Forge etc.All you need to do is drop a marker in your master so the CD reads it as tr/1 tr/2 etc.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:16 PM

Nero 6.0 has an option of cutting out the silence in between tracks. I think this is what you want, because there is not lag between the two songs. It is almost a seemless transition.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:22 PM

Tell whoever is mastering the CD to crossfade the two songs at specified points in time.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:32 PM

do the bounce, then on the stereo file, find a zero crossing (at the beginning of song 2) and hit ¨separate tracks¨ (I forget the shortcut right now). Now you have 2 sections which you can select and ¨export as file¨ as track 3 and 4. On the burning software choose zero spacing between the tracks....

There are other ways of doing it......I´d just let the feedback go on at the end of song one for example, instead of having both songs on one session.

have fun!!

jorge

www.abacomusic.com
Old 02-10-2004, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I´d just let the feedback go on at the end of song one for example, instead of having both songs on one session.

I think that's the important thing, don't try to do it all in one session file.You'll find a way to assemble the tracks after you've got them recorded

Old 02-10-2004, 02:51 PM

Quite simple, really...follow where 's advice ;

Quote:
Tell whoever is mastering the CD to crossfade the two songs at specified points in time
Just mix the two songs to your liking, leave that feedback gtr. long, clean (no other tracks open, leaking into it). Your mastering dude can simply x-fade them, using the overlap lenght you'll specify. Track index markers placing can be a bit tricky>> too early = longer feedback before song #2 kicks in....too late= chopped off top of song #2 when played back off the replicated CD.
Burn test CDRs and test them out on different brand of players.

hope this helps...
cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 02-11-2004, 01:05 PM

I will be mastering the cd myself.If I just did it in two sessions letting the feed back go at the end of song 1,and starting song 2 with feedback then after mastering the songs place them right by each other on the final cd will that do the trick?