Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2017, 04:50 AM

Default Euphonix Avid Artist / Eucon MC Control Cubase 9 64 bit OSX Yosemitecompatibility

Hi,

sorry for starting a new thread but it's the same question as my other thread about the Mix: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=389799

Any Euphonix MC Mix / AVID Artist Mix users here that work with Cubase Pro 9 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite? (64 bit)
Does it work? Any pros and cons?
Which drivers do I have to install etc?

Thank you
Old 04-10-2017, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Euphonix Avid Artist / Eucon MC Control Cubase 9 64 bit OSX Yosemitecompatibility

Hi there, your subject mentions Artist/ MC Control, so I thought I'd share my experiences since I moved over to Cubase Pro 9 a couple of weeks ago.

Functionality seems pretty much the same as with Cubase 8.5 although the new Sampler track is not recognised by MC Control. I assign a group track or VCA to it to make it visible on the MC Control. I'd recommend assigning it to a group track though if you intend to insert VST's.

The track attentioning seems a little hit and miss. If I added an FX channel to the selected track it would follow and focus on the new FX track, but in a large project it forgets to do that! A little annoying but not a deal breaker.

Apart from those points I've not yet come across anything else.

I hope that's of use to you.

Best

Geoff
Old 04-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Avid

Default Re: Euphonix Avid Artist / Eucon MC Control Cubase 9 64 bit OSX Yosemitecompatibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliensix View Post
the new Sampler track is not recognised by MC Control.
Geoff
I'm sure they are aware but just incase can you report this to Steinberg too.