Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 01-03-2014, 11:54 AM

Default Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 not working with PT10

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting here and i've searched the forum for similar problems with no luck. Sooo, i'm posting to see if we can figure this out! Here's the deal:

I'd been using an Mbox Mini to record with PT10, obviously no problems. I just recently went out and bought a scarlett 6i6. I followed all the installation instructions perfectly so I've got the latest drivers, etc... I've checked that the sample rates are matched PRIOR to opening PT through the Scarlett Mixer but when i Open up PT, i can't playback or record and in fact it freezes temporarily before the cursor blinks again. It doesn't even recognize sound coming from my instrument, although i can hear it through my monitors. I've tried deleting all of the paths under I/O and resetting to default, still no luck. I've included screenshots of all of my settings in PT, Scarlett Mix and my computer info. I know I'm probably missing some vital information here, so please ask away. I'll try to provide you with as much info as possible. Thanks in advance!!!!

Rob

ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

ss4.jpg

ss5.jpg
Old 01-14-2014, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 not working with PT10

When you start a new session, try setting your session at the same sample rate as the mix control! If it doesn't work, set the playback sample rate from the sounds section on windows control panel, then mix control and then you can open pro tools!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Focusrite

Hi ruS_giB,

This sounds driver related, as the playhead fails to move.

What is the version of MixControl installed?

Can you make sure you are updated to 1.7, which contains the latest 2.5.1 driver: http://us.focusrite.com/downloads?product=Scarlett+6i6

If you are still having this problem please try all the available USB ports on your computer.

Also you can try this alternate beta 2.5b4 driver: http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/f..._usb2_drivers/

Please let me know how you come along. If this persists please contact us directly so we can get more info on your computer: http://us.focusrite.com/answerbase/contact

Kat

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 06-05-2014, 04:32 PM

I have same issues and have been waiting all day to hear back from Focusrite. All this time PT 11 has been out & you guys can't write driver that will work in Win 7 or 8.1? I mean, it just been a year since PT 11 came out.

How about some one at Focusrite get on the ball and write a frigging driver so we can use these otherwise nice boxes and work in PT 11???

/vent off

It's been a bad damn day to come back to windows
Old 06-08-2014, 04:15 AM

This is an ongoing issue with Focusrite interfaces, unfortunately. I have the Scarlett 8i6. Whenever you need to change the sample rate for a session, you can't just open the new session with the new rate and have the MixControl for your interface just change. You have to do the following whenever you're changing sample rates:

1. Close Pro Tools completely
2. Open Mix Control and set the sample rate to whatever rate you will be working in
3. Open Pro Tools and then your session at the new sample rate.

If if still doesn't play (which often happens), then:

4. Close everything, reboot your computer, check the Mix Control sample rate is where you want it.
5. Then reboot PT and you should be good to go.

Its a PITA I know, but after having gone round and round with Focusrite on this when I got my Scarlett....this is the ONLY solution. I have all the latest drivers etc...followed everything Focusrite's customer service folks, including Katherine, told me to do. The bottom line is that whenever you change the sample rate in PT, you have to manually change it in the Mix Control program and then reboot. The reason you didn't have to do that when you were using the MBox is because that was an AVID product, so they spoke the same language I guess.

I agree that there should be a simple way to have it so if you go from a session with sample rate X to a new session with sample rate Y, that it should simply just change the rate on your interface, or at the least, if you MUST change it manually, it won't lock up the system and force you to reboot like it now does.

If its any consolation, you are not alone....MANY others have reported the exact same issues here and elsewhere. If it weren't for the fact that the Focusrite sounded so fantastic, I'd switch to something else where this isn't a problem.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Focusrite

Hi serstickman,

Were our techs able to contact you and assist you with this?

If you need help please let me know your case number with us or feel free to call us directly at 310-322-5500 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm PST.

Please let me know if we can help you further.

Best regards.

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 01-06-2015, 11:23 PM

So I downloaded the beta update driver it fixed some issues like selecting buffer size which the new mix control 1.8 (old) driver only let me select 512?? The beta driver let me select lower setting also during the launch of the session it would tick and pop till I closed protools. The original driver works for cubase 7 perfectly. The beta update driver for my computer crashes after restart or unplugging of the interface and says" error no device found when i go to relaunch mix control"I have to unistall everything from focusrite in the device manager and in the control panel then reinstall the original 1.8 mix control software with driver and it seems to work in cubase only I have to use that until maybe sombody creates an update....
Old 01-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Focusrite

Hello Brosiffkev,

I suggest you try downloading MixControl 1.9b4 with your anti-virus/firewall software disabled.
http://beta.focusrite.com/releases/scarlett_mixcontrol/

If you are still having issues than please contact us directly or pm me.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:45 AM

Hey Guys, I can't start my Pro Tools 9 with Scarlett 6i6. It says that I need to connect to a device first. I've tried all I can and even reinstall the driver but still no result. Any idea?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:26 AM

What is the specific error you're getting? And is it Pro Tools 9 M-Powered or Pro Tools 9?

It's a good idea to post your full system specs.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM