Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-01-2012, 07:14 AM

Default Artist Control / Ethernet Connection and Noise Problems

Here is my problems:
1- My Artist Control work perfect when is connected to the router. When I connect the control to the computer using the static IP address (following the manual) for the first time if I disconnect the Ethernet cable from the computer and/or the control and connected again when I re-start the computer I get a network error not recognizing the control. Then I removed the software and removed the static IP address bringing everything to DHCP and re-started the computer, then everything worked normal.

Then I removed the software again, this time I installed the software when the control was connected to the computer using the static IP address...nothing happen, I got the same network error.

The only way I fix the problem was re-installing the whole win OS.

So thinking that it could be my old computer this weekend I built a new PC Intel i7 3930K processor with a ASUS P9X79 Deluxe Mobo with the X79 chip and 32MG ram and I tried installing the EuControl againg and when I disconnected the control and connected back again I got the same problem.

I've been calling Avid tech support for almost a month with a case number and sending emails every 3 days and nothing. The only help that I got is the tech support from Sweetwater and he is limited in how much he can help me.

So if I left my control connected to the computer and I have to do any maintenance on the computer that required removing the EuControl cable when I connect the control back again I wont have connection.

2- KVM switches wont work with the control ( I just found out about that) so I have to change the whole set up in the studio...Thanks AVID.

3- Every time I turn on the computer I hear bit noises that wasnt there before, noises that disappeared when I remove the Eucon software..any thoughts?

I was so happy with my Mackie Pro Control set up that I'm thinking in going back.

So any ideas and/or input will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Artist Control / Ethernet Connection and Noise Problems

It sounds like you put a static address on the MC control but not on the computer side.

It makes no sense at all to try and plug a KVM switch into the control, I don't know why you're doing that
Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 PM

The static IP address was added in both the control and the computer.
The KVM was connected to the computers not to the control. I NEVER mentioned that I connected the KVM switch to the control, why do you make that determination?

Dont worry the networking problem has been fix.

BTW
The KVM switch cant be connected to the control because the connections are not compatible.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lberrios1962 View Post
The static IP address was added in both the control and the computer.
I NEVER mentioned that I connected the KVM switch to the control, why do you make that determination?

Because you complained that Avid broke the KVM even though they have nothing to do with each other?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:26 AM

ONE MORE TIME you are making statements that are incorrect
I havent said that Avid broke the KVM switch. You are completely out of line.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lberrios1962 View Post
(snip)

2- KVM switches wont work with the control ( I just found out about that) so I have to change the whole set up in the studio...Thanks AVID.

(snip)
I have no dog in the fight. Not even sure what a KVM switch is, but does seem like you're blaming avid for it not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2012, 05:05 AM

Its already a bug that AVID is working on about the KVM switches. Avid is working since 2009 in trying to fix a problem with KVM switches and Artist control, they dont work together. Yes, I'm blaming Avid for something that is been since 2009 and as a right now nothing have been done. As per Avid tech support, they dont have anything yet.

A KVM is use to switch between two computers using one mouse and one keyboard. If you connect the Artist series when a KVM is connected to the computers (if you have two computers attached, like my case) where the Artist control in connected freezes the mouse as soon you switches.

I never mentioned in my first post that AVID broke my KVM, I just mentioned that the KVM doesnt work with the Artist control, statement that everybody that use a KVM before know by now. That is not only my KVM, all the KVM dont work with the Artist control.

Also I didnt mentioned that I was connecting the KVM to the Artist control, specially when the majority of the KVM are USB and not Ethernet.

Lucky me, I never knew about the KVM problem until I bough the Artist Control, that is why I mentioned that I have to changed my whole set up in the studio.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:48 AM

Gotcha. Makes sense now. And I do remember what a KVM switch is. Seen em but never used one. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out (I'd say soon, but it's too late for that lol).

Old 05-04-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
Gotcha. Makes sense now. And I do remember what a KVM switch is. Seen em but never used one. Hopefully they get the bugs worked out (I'd say soon, but it's too late for that lol).

Not a problem

A little bit too late now. I just changed back to my old set up, a Mackie Pro Control with 3 extenders.