Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2001, 01:51 PM

Default how do i get my firewire drive to run with apple extentions

how do i get my firewire drive to run with apple extentions i have a ezquest 80 gigs with the 911 chipset as descibed by digi should i use apples extentions or go with the supplied extentions i can get the drive to work with the supplied extentions but my apple extentions wont reconise the drive. my problem is i get the 9060 error. i have a G4 400mhz running pt5.1.1
Old 11-03-2001, 02:06 PM

Default Re: how do i get my firewire drive to run with apple extentions

I have an 867 with an EZ Quest external drive, and I had installed the EZ Quest drivers, etc. The computer recognizes the drive and I am able to save data into it, copy data from it, etc. The drive seems to work wonderfully. However, if I go to RUN audio from the drive, I also get the 9060 error. This is apparently a common firewire error. Someone else here at the group recommended to me to get rid of the EZ Quest extensions and run the drive off the Apple firewire extensions, and that this would cure the 9060 problem. I have not tried it yet. So, with this in mind, perhaps you indeed want to keep trying to make things work with the Apple extensions as opposed to the EZ Quest extensions.

Gee, it would be nice if Digi (especially being that they recommended this drive) would have fully tested all this and printed a complete list of instructions for successfully setting this stuff up. I'm sure they got 9060 errors too when they ran it, so this should be addressed.

Hopefully we'll hear from more users on how to make the EZ Quest drive run with the Apple extensions, and ultimately run without the 9060 problem.

imp
Old 11-04-2001, 12:28 AM

bump [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2001, 09:15 AM

bump one more time [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2001, 07:31 AM
Avid

How to format a FireWire drive with Apple Drivers

-If the drive is already initialized with something else (as is the case with both of your drives)...plug the drive into the Mac and then choose "Erase disk" from the "Special" menu.

Of course, this will destroy any data on the drive so back up first if necessary.

-Don't forget to disable all third party FireWire extensions from the system (Extensions Manager) and restart.

Brent