Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2010, 04:19 AM

Thumbs up I have missed this (Pro Tools 9 Software FAQ)

Pro Tools 9 Software FAQ

Q: What is Pro Tools 9 software?
A: Pro Tools 9 software is a new version of Pro Tools software that delivers a host of new features, including the ability to run standalone, on Avid hardware, or on third-party audio interfaces. Pro Tools 9 now includes an enhanced feature set including Automatic Delay Compensation, higher track counts, EUCON support, and more.

Q: Will there be version 9 of Pro Tools LE software?
A: No. Pro Tools 9 is the next-generation replacement for Pro Tools LE software—a completely re-architected, open version that includes a variety of highly requested new features, plus functionality from previous Pro Tools LE “Toolkit” paid options.

Q: If I buy a Pro Tools LE system now—or just purchased one—am I entitled to a free crossgrade to Pro Tools 9?
A: Because Pro Tools 9 is a new Pro Tools product and not an upgrade version of Pro Tools LE, we will not be offering any free crossgrades to Pro Tools 9.

Q: So what will happen to Pro Tools LE software?
A: We will continue to support Pro Tools LE software with customer service (CS) updates, but will no longer be developing any new releases beyond that. We are offering Pro Tools LE owners the opportunity to “crossgrade” to the new Pro Tools 9 software for $249 (vs. paying $599 regular price for new Pro Tools 9 software).

Q: What is the difference in functionality between Pro Tools HD 9 software and Pro Tools 9 software with the added Complete Production Toolkit 2 option?
A: There are no feature/functional differences between Pro Tools HD 9 software and Pro Tools 9 software with the added Complete Production Toolkit 2 option.

Q: Should I consider purchasing the Complete Production Toolkit 2?
A: Complete Production Toolkit 2 is designed for Pro Tools 9 customers who don’t have Pro Tools|HD hardware, but want access to the features and functions found in Pro Tools HD software (such as 192 simultaneous tracks, up to 7.1 surround mixing, advanced automation and mixing features, and more).
Learn more about Complete Production Toolkit 2

Q: Is there an upgrade path for existing Complete Production Toolkit owners to get Complete Production Toolkit 2?
A: Registered owners of Complete Production Toolkit 1 will automatically be able to use the features of Complete Production Toolkit 2 when they work with Pro Tools 9 software, so there’s no need to upgrade.

Q: Will there be upgrade options for DV Toolkit 2 and Music Production Toolkit 2 owners to upgrade to Complete Production Toolkit 2?
A: Yes, there are two options for existing toolkit owners to upgrade to the new Complete Production Toolkit 2:
  • DV Toolkit 2 owners may upgrade to Complete Production Toolkit 2 for $299
  • Music Production Toolkit 2 owners may upgrade to Complete Production Toolkit 2 for $1,599
Q: I recently purchased one of the toolkits; am I entitled to any free upgrades?
A: Yes. If you purchased and registered any toolkit on or after October 4, 2010, you are eligible to receive a free crossgrade to Pro Tools 9 software. If you registered your toolkit purchase within this timeframe, you’ll automatically receive an email with a free activation code and link to download Pro Tools 9.

Q: Is there a version 9 of Pro Tools HD software?
A: Yes, and registered owners of Pro Tools HD software will have the opportunity to upgrade to Pro Tools HD 9 software for $349. Pro Tools HD 9 software includes many new features, as well as the ability to run the software standalone—without your Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Native hardware (some feature limitations apply when not attached to HD hardware). Keep in mind that you’ll need to still attach your iLok to your computer to run Pro Tools HD 9 software standalone.

Q: I just purchased a new Pro Tools|HD system that came with Pro Tools HD 8. Do I qualify to receive Pro Tools HD 9 software for free?
A: Yes. If you purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Native system on or after October 4, 2010, you are eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 9 software. If you’ve registered your system within this timeframe, you’ll automatically receive an email with a free activation code and a link to download Pro Tools HD 9.

Q: I’m a Pro Tools M-Powered owner—can I crossgrade to Pro Tools 9 software?
A: Yes. Registered owners of Pro Tools M-Powered software can “crossgrade” to Pro Tools 9 software for $349 (vs. paying $599 regular price for new Pro Tools 9 software).

Q: Is Pro Tools 9 software compatible with VENUE systems?
A: We are currently working to qualify VENUE systems for use with Pro Tools 9. At this time, VENUE systems are fully qualified for use with Pro Tools HD 8.1 and Pro Tools LE 8.0.

More Information:

What's New in Pro Tools 9?
Find out about all the new features in Pro Tools HD 9, Pro Tools 9, and Pro Tools 9 with Complete Production Toolkit 2:
Feature Comparison Chart
How do Pro Tools 9 and Pro Tools HD 9 compare with each other and with previous versions of the software? Here’s a look at the software’s main specs, features, and compatibility across the board:
Product Section
Compatibility Information
Driver Updates
If you are upgrading to Pro Tools 9, please download and install the latest drivers for your hardware from the following page: