Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 12-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Venue Sc48 Question

i recently purchased a new Sc48 console, the first in Ireland in fact! This thing is just a phenomenal piece of engineering. I just had a quick question about applying gain changes automatically when altering input gain during virtual soundcheck. I know on mix rack and d-show systems a dialogue box asks do you want to apply gain changes when switching inputs from HDx inputs back to the Stage inputs, but obviously with Sc48 it is different as you have to manually re-patch inputs from firewire to stage. Any ideas anyone? It would be extremely time and sum saving!

thanks,

zack.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:35 PM

Default Re: Venue Sc48 Question

Congraturation Zack and your first SC48 in Ireland.
SC48 cann't chage patch between FWX and analog input automatically.
so I have to change the patch manually and make two show files before the event.
one of show file is for the concert and another is for sound check.
All FWX have this effort
Old 12-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Avid

Hi,

Check out the webinar entitled "Discover Virtual Soundcheck: The Powerful Workflow". I believe FWx workflows were covered as part of this presentation. Archived webinars are located here.

Sheldon
Old 12-29-2009, 06:40 AM

Thanks for the replies.

I know you cannot automatically re-patch the inputs from FWX to stage, this is not what i'm asking or a hassle to do. I want to know how, if possible, to apply input gain changes back to the stage inputs so any changes i make to the input gain during virtual soundcheck with the FWX as my inputs will also affect my inputs when i revert them to stage inputs. When you switch to FWX the gain is automatically converted to 0db at the top of the input, if i wanted to reduce the gain to say 5db less than the gain i had when i recorded the audio i just take -5db from the input gain, easy! But its not so easy if i want the console to remember that i have made a change to the input gain when i revert to stage inputs so i have to manually write down the gain changes, revert to stage inputs and subtract or add the amount of gain i've written down for each corresponding channel. I know with HDX when you revert to stage from HDX it automatically asks you if you want to apple gain changes to the inputs. Its very time consuming manually making changes!!

zack.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:23 AM

[QUOTE]i recently purchased a new Sc48 console, the first in Ireland in fact! /QUOTE]

Hi Zack,

Congrats on the new SC48, glad you like it. Alex Fernie Audio Ltd is a rental company in Galway, Ireland. We bought our first SC48 in September 2009, so I was under the impression that we had the first in Ireland. Hey what the heck, the more the merrier I say!

Best,
Alex Fernie.