Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 02:41 PM

Default Making Midi Assignments stick in Xpand

I can make Xpand Learn which Midi keys I want to control certain functions on my Axiom 49 keyboard. But as soon as I switch to a new preset sound then those assignments are gone and they are only made for that one particular preset. I would have to reassign the "level" control to my particular knob on my keyboard all over again.

Is there a way to assign midi controls "gloabally" for all the presets? Maybe I'm missing something. I just want to be able to control all the same functions with the same knobs on my keyboard no matter what patch Im auditioning. Seems simple enough?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Making Midi Assignments stick in Xpand

Hi Johnny

In the Expand! Plug-In window use Setting menu>Copy Settings (Ctrl+Shift+C) select your new Patch and then use Settings menu>Paste Settings (Ctrl+Shift+V).

filosofem
Old 08-05-2006, 03:13 PM

Thats what I tried, and it definately copies the settings over to the next patch. But then it also copies and paste the old patch over the new, essentially killing the new sound and now I have two of the same patches.

I just need the midi controls to copy over and not over write everything else involved. Am I just doing something wrong?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Yes, you're quite right Johnny, I didn't notice that, ummm... you can keep those new CC assignments, just select your Patches via the Part A-D selector (Right Click Mouse).

filosofem
Old 08-05-2006, 04:10 PM

Awesome, I didn't try that. Thanks for the help! I think I spent 1/2 my day just trying to get those controls to stay put.

The only other thing is that if I'm using the A-D banks to change my patches then is there a way to assign patch changes to a CC assignment too, or maybe a keyboard command to us instead of mouse clicking everytime to change? It seems like so much work to use !Xpand quick and effeciently.

The midi control auto assignments of Pro Tools seems pretty sucky to me.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:41 PM

No, but you can by using the Plug-In Settings select, which as far as I can work out, there is no Key Command to activate the Plug-In Settings select, but (Ctrl+Directional Arrows) changes the Patch Banks and (Directional Arrows) changes the Patches. But this then, in turn, clears the Patch Settings you just made and we return to your original point.

filosofem
Old 08-05-2006, 04:54 PM

Damn. Thats what I thought too. At least I don't feel like such a retard for over looking something. Maybe this is a true feature missing from Hybrid and other plugins?

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:15 PM

Yeah, although it is just as easy, if not easier, to implement 'Learn', it's only a left click of the mouse away.

filosofem