Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Warning EQ3 Settings Not Saving @192

Warning....I just lost an entire record worth of mixes and stems..... In a 192 session with 24 tracks the EQ3 DOES NOT retain its HF Q, LF Q, Hi Shelf Gain, and Low Shelf Gain after saving closing and opening the session. The frequency setting and mid ranges seem to be the same although some of the mids seem to have had thier Q's reset to 10.00. The Hi and Lo notch Q's have all reverted to 2.00 and the Hi and Lo Shelf gains have all reverted to 0.00.

I wish I had a photgraphic memory.

We used Snap N Drag to confirm the differences before and after closing the session after "save settings as" and import DID NOT work. None of the EQ3's were RTAS...They were all Multi-Mono TDM.

Very unfortunate. I would be relieved to find out that the session file has the info and EQ3 has a problem implimenting it but either way I'll be remixing.

Try not to laugh out loud but has anyone ever translated and extracted session file data into text form?

Devastated in NY,

brendan b. brown, producer,
Wheatus
Old 05-25-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Warning EQ3 Settings Not Saving @192

Hey Brendan,
Did you try trashing and reinstalling the EQIII plugin? Do you get this same behavior at 48 K sessions?

-Britt
Old 05-26-2005, 12:06 AM

Quote:
[...] and import DID NOT work.
Hi Brendan. Sorry to read about your troubles. When I reached the above portion of your post, a 'free-jazz' thought flashed in my mind. Have you tried importing into a session with a lower sampling rate? (It may be completely useless, but, faced with your predicament, I'd give it a shot.) Best of luck!

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)

Old 05-27-2005, 10:21 AM

Bueller? Bueller?

Am I the only one?.......If any one has any ideas please post. I simply don't know what to do.

It is still happening after multiple reinstalls of all things reinstallable.

I cannot save any EQ3 settings reliably! The HI and LO notch and shelf Q's are still disapearing in every session. Only the chosen FREQ remains. "Save Settings As" and import works only sometimes.

This is a catastrophy for what I've lost and I cannot yet begin to remix......Don't let this happen to you. Double check all EQ3 inserts after saving, closing and reopening a session if you are at 192. If you do not have some screen snap shot application then write them down manualy because it seems they WILL be lost regardless of having saved session copies or renamed or "apple s" or whatever.

The horror..... the horror

Lost in NY,

brendan
Old 05-27-2005, 10:26 AM

Yes..... it is happening all the same at 48, 44.1, and 96K.

Everything has been reinstalled.....No success in being able to save the settings in any way.

*Waits for someone to take the pain away*

brendan
Old 05-27-2005, 10:54 AM

Maybe you tried this:
Look into the automatic backups, can you import a track from there and does it still have the settings?
Just a thought.

Sorry.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:52 PM

Yes,

Tried opening all session backups as part of the original panic.

And then again the next day with more of a mathitude.....no luck...they were all missing the same EQ3 settings. Tried to import from them without opening as well using import session data....no joy.

Beginning to wonder if it could be our mac which is a 733 but digi has said they would be surprised to find that was the cause.

Still devastated.

thanks for the input......watch out for this one.....it's pure Pro Tools Ebola.

brendan

Old 05-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Avid

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating it now.

Jim West
Plug-In Program Manager
Digidesign
Old 05-30-2005, 03:57 PM

Hi

I entered the post below on April 1st. This applies to 44.1 and 48k sessions too.

First of all thanks for a great sounding and versatile eq! but i've found a bug.........

When using a TDM version of Eq3 and using the LF or HF in parametric mode (as opposed to shelf) the 'Q' settings are not being saved properly and always return to a 'q' of 2.00.

eg. Use LF as a notch and take out 100Hz with a 'Q' of 10.00 at -18db. Save session, close session and when you reopen it comes back as -18db with a 'Q' of 2.00.

I've just repeated this on an LE system at home so the RTAS version has the same bug. This behaviour also happens when you try to save your settings.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:05 PM

wow, does no one use this EQ? I can't believe this is only being noticed (or checked out) now.