Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-19-2005, 02:29 PM

Default I can\'t find the answer...

Hi There,

I have searched and searched for this answer. I know it's out there but I can't find it. So, I'll just ask and cross my fingers.

I'm running 6.4 and 10.3.9. When my mBox is plugged in, I can't open iTunes (unless PT is open first). I managed to fix this problem with Quicktime by reinstalling 6.5.2. Is there any similar fix for iTunes?

Thanks in advance

d.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: I can\'t find the answer...

Have you tried the program Detour for your audio routing. Maybe that crashes it?
Old 11-19-2005, 02:58 PM

you need pt 6.7 to 6.9 on 10.3.9 have fun
Old 11-19-2005, 08:06 PM

So I stumbled across your post and remembered having the exact same issue when I was running all the same versions on my powerbook. I actually disagree that you have to upgrade to 6.7 or 6.9... no offense. But the key is that you're running the right version of the Core Audio Driver, which is 6.5.2. I did have to jump through hoops in order to get everything back up and running but judging by the title of your post, I'm guessing you'd be willing to try anything at this point. This will require an uninstall and reinstall so be sure you have your authorization code handy.

Here's what to do....

First, do a clean uninstall of PT and the core audio driver. You have to do these separately. Don't just drag them to the trash and empty the trash, uninstall from the installers. I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but I know people who just trash the digidesign folder and think that they've done all they have to and run into problems.

Then, reinstall PT, but when it comes to the step where it asks you to check which items you want to install, be sure to UNCHECK THE CORE AUDIO DRIVER because if you're using the 6.4 disk or install download, it installs CADriver 6.4. Download the CADriver v6.5.2 from digi and install it once you're done reinstalling PT. That ought to do it.

I hope that this helps. I know it seems like you should be able to just install the 6.5.2 driver, but I remember running into a bunch of neoaccess errors when I tried that... then PT wouldn't even launch. If you were already running CAD v6.5.2, then it still may work to reinstall, but judging by your problems, it sounds like you're having the same problems I was having.

I was running 6.4 on 10.3.9 with CAD 6.5.2 for a while before I upgraded to Tiger and now PT7, which is sick by the way, but as far as the driver is concerned, my older setup was much more stable. I know this is a long post, but I figured I wouldn't just ask what version of the driver you're running and never come back to this post again, so I figured I'd go ahead and type all this out for you now. Let me know how it works out. I am actually curious as to what version of the driver you were running before too, and if this fixed it, so let me know.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:26 PM

jbc rivers, you are a champion!

i followed your instructions to the letter... and it worked perfectly!

thanks also for the tip on doing a proper uninstall. i probably would have just dragged the digi folder to the trash...

thanks again for taking the time to write such a lengthy and helpful post. it gives me a warm feeling and a sense of oneness with
the universe.

d.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:38 AM

d.-

Just glad I could help, but I must say that I do appreciate being refered to as a "champion".

-jcbrivers