Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-16-2010, 06:05 AM

Default Flux IRCAM Spat plug-in

I've just bought and installed the new Flux IRCAM Spat plug-in and I'm having problems figuring out how to setup and/or select more than a basic mono or stereo input into a 7.1 version of the plug-in. The manual seems to indicate that you can have multiple sources going into one instance of such a plug-in but doesn't explain exactly how one does this in - for example - ProTools 7, which I'm using on a Mac.

The system I'm using is a custom 8 speakers in a circle + sub setup, and I'm routing the eight 7.1 outputs from the plug-in to the 8 speakers (in the plug-in output matrix) and using a separate sub send in PT via a bussed Aux.

Does anyone know how to do this, or know of any online documentation or user forum that can shed some light on how to achieve this?

Thanks.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Flux IRCAM Spat plug-in

Hi Ian.

does the i/o configuration in pro tools automatically configure itself once a Spat multi-channel i/o configuration has been selected within the plugin itself, or do you still manually need to go into the pro tools i/o windows and configure the stereo busses (l.e) for FL, FR C, LFE SL, SR etc

Last edited by speakon; 11-07-2010 at 02:36 PM. Reason: wrong question
Old 11-07-2010, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Flux IRCAM Spat plug-in

the process in Neyrincks mix 51 is to buss the output of every track (you want to mix in surround) to the input of the 5.1 mixer plugin that gets inserted on any aux track. Surround panners are inserted on aux copies of all tracks so they are post the faders.

seeing as spat has the panning and mixing in one package would it not be simply a process of inserting multiple copies the spat plugin (as an insert) on individual tracks rather than bussing the output of all tracks to one instance of spat?