Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2004, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Is anyone using Quickeys in OS X?

I'm always bouncing to disk, recently been doing loads of TV work. haven't done a film for a month now.
lots of short spots, keep whipping off dem MP4's. ( nice that I can post work off with out quitting PT too)
open up next spot. repeat change setting.

seem to be doing quite a lot of that. wished there was an option for default bounce settings? ( is there?)

mind PT kicks DP's ass in terms of work flow, aside from this minor niggle.

Just a bit nervous about installing anything right now, just wanna finish this job. but then there's always another 1!! seems like you didn't expereince any probs on install?

cheers

martian
Old 04-08-2004, 11:08 AM

Quote:
No problems here, you just have to read through the manual to get to grips with it but it's quite intuitive, I have shortcut toolbars set up for PT's and Live and it's saving me a a lot of clickwork... well worth the $$$'s
I run 10.3.2 with PT 6.2.3 on a Dual G4 and it crashes the computer so I have given up on it for now. Ikey looks promising, but I cant find a user manual for it on their website. I can't figure out how to set it up to "Wait" until a certain key is pressed to continue a sequence.
Old 04-08-2004, 04:02 PM

That sounds like a good idea - to make it wait for a key stroke before continuing. You could always setup another sequence? But, you might run out of key combos.

Try emailing the guy with a feature request - I tried to get him to implement listening to HUI keystrokes too (I have some combos that is OS9 QK change PT settings) but they don't happen in iKey, never checked with QK OSX.