Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-27-2023, 10:45 AM

Default Tried switch from Studio to Artist and got billed for both

Can anyone direct me on the best way to proceed with this licensing issue?

I had Pro Tools Studio for a few years and decided that I could get by with the Artist version as I don't do all the extensive stuff Studio offers.

I toggled off the auto-renew for Pro Tools Studio before it hit the renew date.

I purchased the Artist version which featured the discount for Black Friday. Got a confirmation email for that after the transaction went through.

Looking at Avid Link, I see Pro Tools in my list and no longer Studio. But I don't see Artist. ( I do see Pro Tools First as I played with that at one point.)

Attempts to reach someone at support, via chat, and other modes go nowhere. I don't think a real human works at Avid anymore, it is just bots running the shop.

I'd like to find out how to get a refund on the $300+ charged for Studio even though I toggled off the auto renew before the renewal date.

Still want to continue with Artist subscription.

Thanks for any guidance on how one can do this.

Note: purchase done as seattleguitarman which I used in older DUC but can't get into as it says it is taken but doesn't acknowledge that email.

Last edited by indianolaguitarman; 11-27-2023 at 10:51 AM. Reason: want to add account used for purchase which DUC said was taken
Old 11-28-2023, 01:24 PM
Avid

Default Re: Tried switch from Studio to Artist and got billed for both

Hi,

I saw your case 04716092 and it looks like you're all set. Please let me know if there's anything else I can help.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 11-28-2023, 03:35 PM

Thanks Charles,

Fingers-crossed, the credit for Studio goes through.

It was frustrating to try for three whole days to use the support chat tool, enter the requested (first name, last name, email, phone and reason), be told I would be connected with an agent....have a half-hour go by with nothing...then the AI bot would say, "Sorry, there is nobody here to assist you." There wasn't an email to the provided account acknowledging the request.

There are these core expectations all of us as consumers expect and I hope that AVID fixes the kinks in this process.

Doug
Old 11-29-2023, 06:41 AM
Avid

Thank you for your feedback Doug and we really apologize about the inconvenience. Holiday season is really challenging since this is when cases spike. I'll forward this concern to our support team and we'll do our best to have this improve.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 11-29-2023, 10:04 AM

Thanks Charles,

That does present a challenge. You offer up discounts for black Friday but probably get slammed with transactions and likely have employees off with their families for Thanksgiving holiday.

Perhaps even having a mechanism in place that replied to the customer via email automation (and not the chatbot alone) that confirmed the customer with an issue had been heard and that you'd get back to them.

I ended up on multiple tries with the chatbot, getting dismissed. At the same time no emails arrived in my inbox. Then a few days later I got automated messages saying my request was a duplicate.

I think many a customer would understand the increased traffic and staffing challenge if they also got some confirmation that they'd be attended to in a few days rather than their messages disappearing into a black hole.

Doug