Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.1 - hangs at Structure or Hybrid after launching

Hi everybody, YES the problem was with IE8 and reverting back to IE7 "DID" fix it, but sadly I am about to pull my hair out and throw the pc out the window................ my fault perhaps but oh man this is a pain in the neck!

I have been gracefully updating since my original install of PT6 and prior to making the leap into PT8 I had the the Music Prod kit and original installs of Xpand and Hybrid and in-fact need both "old and new" plugs at the ready.

I probably have to dump the PT8 install and go back to PT7 and start over with the MPK1, get that back in order and then update to PT8 then the new 8.0.1 updater and then MPK2.

**Any thoughts on the install/upgrade solution before I commence?
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM

You've been around here for a while so I'm sure you have images of your old system. Simply drag the plug-ins you need from the old system image into the current Plug-ins folder.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM

OK why do u need both & it should be working regardless whether it be MPTK1 or 2.. Same thing with different plugs pretty much, u just probably need to re-install it as well since things got hosed up with trying to use an internet browser that has been said time & time to not use

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
OK why do u need both & it should be working regardless whether it be MPTK1 or 2.. Same thing with different plugs pretty much, u just probably need to re-install it as well since things got hosed up with trying to use an internet browser that has been said time & time to not use

Hi Keybeeetsss, perhaps you can shed some light on this subject but it seemed pretty clear to me after upgrading that the older/original plugs had sounds and patches that the newer ones did not have and if I must recall an old session I will need those patches available.

and btw, NO I did not come here first to see what problems have arisen as of late, i have not checked DUC in a very long time so "the burden is on me", I own the problem whether or not it has been said time & time to not use IE8. My bad!

/****************************************/

TOM
re:"You've been around here for a while so I'm sure you have images of your old system. Simply drag the plug-ins you need from the old system image into the current Plug-ins folder."

It's that easy? OK I will try - first a long walk around the block to settle down Ahhh the joys of being a computer owner
Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 AM

Well yeah, if u have a backup as what Tom referred to, then there's no light to shed But yeah, go ahead & Kool off 1st Halipino(is that even possible? a kool Halipino)

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 09-17-2009, 12:41 PM

LOL yes a kool Halipino is quite possible... :)

Oh well not the worst problem in the world just a big disappointment to crash when work needs to be done when it could have been avoided by not being so hasty in my excitement and pulling the trigger on an update when we all know just about anything can happen in the ever changing world of hardware/software.

I will just take a deep breath and start from a clean slate.
thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Avid

If you're going to reinstall, you don't need to install PT7 before PT8, as PT8 is a full installer.

If you need info on plug-in compatibility and version number, the grid is available here (use the last column on the right...):

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?lang...n=news_details
Old 09-18-2009, 09:04 PM

well after a bit of hunting down the old DVD's and other CD's I am happy to say I am back in biz with a fresh install of Pro-tools 8.01 (sans the IE8).

Digi admins and all you other incredibly "cool guys", thank you for your valuable insight in helping me get back to the music.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halipino View Post
well after a bit of hunting down the old DVD's and other CD's I am happy to say I am back in biz with a fresh install of Pro-tools 8.01 (sans the IE8).

Digi admins and all you other incredibly "cool guys", thank you for your valuable insight in helping me get back to the music.

Thatz Kool or is it Hottt

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 AM

a little of both really Keybeeetsss...
Fire and Ice