Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 08-30-2003, 07:26 AM

Default ptf not working on my system

help!!! i recently recorded a band at my school with pro tools and i came home and tried to import it to ptf, but there everytime i played it i got a hardware buffer error...ive tried to lower it and raise it and nothing seems to improve it...i have an athlon xp 1.2 gig, usb soundblaster extigy, internal soundblaster live, 700 something ram, win me....any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2003, 05:30 AM

Default Re: ptf not working on my system

RAM sizes over 512 MEGS under Win 9x/ME (ME is the most P.O.S. OS Microsoft ever wrote and it's a disater by itself, IMO) have been problematic. I'd reduce the RAM to 512, don't use the USB sound card at all, make sure you have the latest drivers for the PCI card, and confirm you've got DMA enabled on your hard drive- for starters.

Then take a look at your IRQ's to see if the soundcard is on the same IRQ as the Video card. If it is, then move the sound card to a different slot until it is (ideally) by itself or at least not sharing the video card IRQ.

Let us know how you're doing after you do that stuff-

Old 09-01-2003, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Win 9x/ME (ME is the most P.O.S. OS Microsoft ever wrote and it's a disater by itself, IMO)
yeah, WinME is just the worst it gets.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:09 AM

What chipset is your motherboard? Alot of mboards that work with AMD chips are VIA chipset which won't work with PTF....