Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2003, 11:33 AM

Default Running out of CPU power???

For the first time I got a running out of cpu power, free up some plugins...

well this particular session had about 10 plugins, same ones i always use, compressor, dverb, i think a delay, and eq's.

i have sessions with like 30 of these plugins, and it plays fine, just his one session doesn't

i have PIV 2.0, 512 Mb RAm..

whats the deal here

also, if I bypass the plugz, it still gave error, isnt bypassing the same as getting rid of it??
Old 01-07-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Running out of CPU power???

Try to increase your buffer size and you'll probably stop getting the cpu errors.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:09 PM

Have you defragged your drives lately?
Old 01-07-2003, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by metaltim:

isnt bypassing the same as getting rid of it??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, you have to totally remove the plugin, bypassing it will not help.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:16 PM

ill try some of those next time i get on that comp. i hvent defragged the HD since i got it, back in july, it's only an audio drive, so not much activity on it.

is one buffer size better than another for fast computers like this one.. should i just bump it up realy high, or do i lose something else as a result?
Old 01-08-2003, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gracepoint:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by metaltim:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, you have to totally remove the plugin, bypassing it will not help.<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">actually, you can make the plug inactive by Ctrl+RightClick on the insert. this will truly remove it from any cpu consumption... the plugin will remain in your session and its settings won't change. all you need to do is Ctrl+RightClick on it again to re-activate it.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by da BaSsTaRd!:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by gracepoint:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by metaltim:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, you have to totally remove the plugin, bypassing it will not help.<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">actually, you can make the plug inactive by Ctrl+RightClick on the insert. this will truly remove it from any cpu consumption... the plugin will remain in your session and its settings won't change. all you need to do is Ctrl+RightClick on it again to re-activate it.<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Oh yeah...I forgot about that, good point.