Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-11-2007, 10:56 PM

Default Groove/Quantize Assertion error

When I attempt to select a Quantize Grid under Grid/Groove Quantize, I get an Assertion error for FileLoc.cpp, line 89.

I have gone through the delete databases and preferences treatment twice, but this does not remedy the problem.

I have Googled the DUC, the internet, and anything else I can find to Google, but I can not find any discussion of this error.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any advise/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Groove/Quantize Assertion error

I had a similar problem when I closed a session with 'groove clipboard' selected as the source of the groove quantize file. Upon reopening the session I got the assertion error and could not re-select a different groove file as the source.

I saw mention on the digi support site as a 'known issue' but have not seen nor heard of a resolution. I can not groove quantize that session anymore! Since then I always make sure to change back from the 'clipboard' (if I use it) before closing a session.

Not much help, but you're not alone!

Tom
other people's music:
www.headphonomenon.com
Old 09-12-2007, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the response Tom.

It hadn't occurred to me that this might be session specific. I'll try opening a different session and see if it works there.

Steve
Old 09-14-2007, 09:12 AM

As follow-up, for anyone searching the DUC for this problem in the future, let me tell you what I did to solve this issue.

I went into a different session, and, just as Tom implied, this was a session-specific problem. The Groove/Quantize assertion error did not occur in the second session.

I selected a different pattern from the one that came up, then canceled out of Groove/Quantize and closed the session.

I then went into the session in which I had been getting the assertion error, and the problem had disappeared.

Steve

javascript:void(0)
Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the update...I never had occasion to notice the assertion didn't come up again on the original session. Good to know.

Tom
other people's music:
www.headphonomenon.com