Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM

Default buggy buggy buggy,,,,

I was using LE 7.0 and got pretty error messages (the kind: your software is messing, can't do anything about it !!)...

I wrote to digidesign, still waiting... 2 weeks.

This was the description of my problem, and the solution at the end; take note if you're having these problems:

When I try to record, the software launchs normally; but when reaching the end of the recording, it stops and doesn't record anything.
When I try again, I lose control over the transport and I'm unable to stop the program; all the other functions work normally, but I can't control the transport nor from the keyboard or the mouse. I have to force quit the program (ctrl-alt-del) or close it (X).

Before formatting, I was getting this error message after the first try: Could not complete your request because Assertion in "\code\aztec_Staley\AlturaPorts\SDKs\Neo61\Source\ CNeolno line 881.
After loosing control over the transport, I tried pressing all the keys and got: DAE error -9007 was encountered.

After formatting the PC, I have the same behavior, without the error messages.

Then I continued having the same problems, a lot of error messages. Digidesign answered that it was a compatibility issue (automatic answer, I presume). I was using it before without any problem, so that wasn't. I changed my Firewire cable, just in case.

I went back to 6.7, worked fine. Then installed 7.1, no problem. Conclusion: 7.0 is TOTALLY BUGGY.

Now I'm having new problems:

My sessions sound is absolutely, completely distorted, crunchy; I mean like if the volume was to the absolute top on a bad speakers. This happened suddenly and was not happening before, with the same hardware and software. It began to work again suddenly again, and it's doing it again. I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, same problems.

Now I see that this comes and goes... sometimes messed up, sometimes (the less, of course) working normally.

ANY IDEAS ???

Axiom Pro 61 | Neumann, Peluso and Shure mics | Yamaha HS80M, M-Audio BX8, JBL 4328P, Mackie MR5 Monitors / Sennheiser HD80's, HD560/600 headphones | Presonus and Avalon Pres

BFD2, Trilogy & Trilian, Komplete 5, Reason 4 NIs.

Alesis eDrum kit, Ibanez Musician bass '84, Gibson Les Paul, Custom 7-strings electric guitar + some custom acoustic instruments, several percussion instruments.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: buggy buggy buggy,,,,

It is really not helpful to you, and totally confusing to everyone else, when the same question is asked in multiple threads.

Take spkguitar's advice in this thread.

Quote:
Please,

Read through the General Troubleshooting thread and post details about your system using the software as recommended at the end of that thread. Some of the other suggestions in that thread might also help you.
No one can advise you without knowing what computer components you are using.
We don't even know what Digi hardware you have.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:49 AM

Although there are still a couple of minor bugs in 7.3, they aren’t the kind you describe here so it is doubtful that you got a bad copy. Without doing ALL OF YOUR HOMEWORK for you, check to see if your setup is listed in the PT compatibility list, hopefully you did a clean install on a healthy hard drive, and be sure your USB/firewire and any other cords are the best quality and as short as possible. Good Luck
Old 01-08-2007, 10:08 PM

Yes, everything was installed correctly, I have a good copy (I use it before upgrading to 7.1), my cables are fine (in fact I tried with several cables), my card is ok... I did an absolut clean install (several tries) on fresh windows install (just formatted), and my HD are completely healthy 10000 rpm drives. 7.0 is buggy; 6.7 is ok (just some minor issues, like scrolling bars...) and 7.1 is ok. But 7.0 isn't.

Glad you have 7.3 and it's working fine for you. After having all the problems I had with software and fix them, now it seems like I have a defective hardware 002 (check this thread ).

Axiom Pro 61 | Neumann, Peluso and Shure mics | Yamaha HS80M, M-Audio BX8, JBL 4328P, Mackie MR5 Monitors / Sennheiser HD80's, HD560/600 headphones | Presonus and Avalon Pres

BFD2, Trilogy & Trilian, Komplete 5, Reason 4 NIs.

Alesis eDrum kit, Ibanez Musician bass '84, Gibson Les Paul, Custom 7-strings electric guitar + some custom acoustic instruments, several percussion instruments.