Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Midi i/o problems with PT7, Help!

I am having serious problems with the midi i/o in my computer. My system configuration is:

- Athlon 64 X2 dual core Processor 4200+
- Motherboard AsusTek Computer INC. model A8N SLI Premium ACPI BIOS revision 1009
- RAM 2 GB
- Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2
- Motu midi interface Microlite
- Yamaha Midi USB Driver (for a Yamaha AW1600 recording)
- ProTools Le v 7.0
- Digi002 rack

When I try to use mi midi ports, sending info to a Triton Le or Mackie Universal Control, in my ProTools Midi configuration I have the inputs working fine, but my outputs appear as “Emulated output” and no midi data is sent to any of my midi devices, and the problem still occurring if I use the Digi002 rack midi outputs or the motu microlite. I suspect that the problem could be the Yamaha driver, but I could not find the correct way to uninstall it.

Please help me to solve this problem! I tried to reach all the manufacturers and their technical support but no one is telling me what to do, they only send me to the other manufacturer technical support page.

Thank you!

Old 09-25-2006, 08:39 PM

Default Re: Midi i/o problems with PT7, Help!

hello.

That is an interesting problem. Even if you drivers are not working, the 002 drivers should still show up in the list as midi outputs...

This problems reminds me of a DIGI Midi driver problem I encountered a while back. let me dig something up...

Usually the proper way to delete drivers is in the windows system menu for the device, or at for disabling it temporarily.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Default Re: Midi i/o problems with PT7, Help!

Quote:
I am having serious problems with the midi i/o in my computer. My system configuration is:

- Athlon 64 X2 dual core Processor 4200+
- Motherboard AsusTek Computer INC. model A8N SLI Premium ACPI BIOS revision 1009
- RAM 2 GB
- Windows XP Profesional Service Pack 2
- Motu midi interface Microlite
- Yamaha Midi USB Driver (for a Yamaha AW1600 recording)
- ProTools Le v 7.0
- Digi002 rack

When I try to use mi midi ports, sending info to a Triton Le or Mackie Universal Control, in my ProTools Midi configuration I have the inputs working fine, but my outputs appear as “Emulated output” and no midi data is sent to any of my midi devices, and the problem still occurring if I use the Digi002 rack midi outputs or the motu microlite. I suspect that the problem could be the Yamaha driver, but I could not find the correct way to uninstall it.

Please help me to solve this problem! I tried to reach all the manufacturers and their technical support but no one is telling me what to do, they only send me to the other manufacturer technical support page.

Thank you!

This is interesting as I am seeing the EXACT same problem and it is driving me crazy. No matter what I try, I can get MIDI IN to work just fine, but cannot get any MIDI OUT to work at all. I even bought an external MIDISport 2x2 USB interface and still see the same problem. In both cases, no MIDI OUT and no LED activity for MIDI OUT.

I've spent two hours thus far with Digi Tech Support and all tests show that the Digi002 is just fine. They are suggesting I have a software conflict and that I need to start over, format the drive, and reinstall Windows XP. Lovely.

My PC is a Terra Digital Audio M6-R. I am going to chat with them today some more -- they will have remote access to my PC. They also told me not to use virus protection software or wireless networking apps on the box as these are known not to play nicely with Digi. The Digi guys also told me to avoid Yamaha products with Pro Tools as they tend to conflict with Pro Tools.

At this point it looks like you may need to start over and reinstall WinXP. I am probably going to upgrade my box to the new M5-R anyway which will give me a fresh install of WinXP.

This problem totally sucks but it doesn't appear to be a Pro Tools or Digi002 hardware problem.

Kevin