Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 11:16 AM

Default UA TDM plug-ins not working, DAE error. any help?

hi folks. it's my my first time here so "howdy".

i just upgraded from 6.4 to 7 and from a G4 to a G5... i had been using the TDM versions of the universal audio LA-2A, 1176 etc with great success... but when i tried to access my universal audio TDM plug-ins on the new G5 and in PT7, they wouldn't work.

after speaking w/their tech folks i was advised to reload the most recent pace interlok extensions and the UA TDM software. i did this and when i tried to use the plug-in i got this message:

"plug-in could not be activated because a DAE error was encountered (error # -7125)"

i again contacted UA and they scratched their heads and told me to try trashing the digi prefs. i did that and they still didn't work.

now they've sent me here.

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, mark karan
Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM

Default Re: UA TDM plug-ins not working, DAE error. any help?

Hi

Are you trying to instantiate the plugs from scratch or are you rebooting a session?

If you are rebooting an older 6.4 session then I've come across this as well (the plug ins appear greyed out and inactive). The way I get round it is to click and hold on the grayed out plug and reselect the correct plug from the the plug ins list and they should come back settings an all.

Failing that make sure you only have the most recent versions in your plugin folder and try all the troubleshooting tips advised on this forum (near the top)

G'luck
Old 06-02-2006, 04:50 PM

There was an update along the way somewhere. You need to update to 1.3.1 if you're currently on 1.3. See if that helps you.

If you're already using 1.3.1 then I'm out of ideas!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:47 PM

thank you both for taking the time to reply!

when i found that the UA plugs we copied over from my otheri removed the old copies and reinstalled the UA software with the most recent update. i also reinstalled the most recent pace interlok extensions (at the rquest of UA).

it happens whether i open an old session or start a new one...

the folder says they're in there and the correct version and i try to activate a plug-in on an insert and i get: "plug-in could not be activated because a DAE error was encountered (error # -7125)"...

UA has given up on me at this point... LOL.

again, thanks for trying to help and thanks in advance to anyone else weighing in on this issue. i REALLY miss the pultec and LA-2A!

MK
Old 06-03-2006, 09:00 AM

Quote:

UA has given up on me at this point... LOL.

They've given up on all of us, I'm afraid....and I wish I could LOL about it.

-Jamey
IMDB
Old 06-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Avid

Have you tried all the steps in the OS X Setup and General Troubleshooting thread yet?

Trashing preferences will allow Pro Tools to recache the plug-in data, which may fix the problem.