Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 04-07-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Control 24 is Acting...Well...Retarted

I haven't done an exhaustive test, but at leat one of the faders is not responding to touch movements. It does initially and then I can push it up to be what should be +6 and the Scribble strip still shows +1.1??

What Gives?

Anyone have any fixes. This is a brand new board that was working without flaw for the past 2 weeks...now all of a sudden this...
Old 04-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Control 24 is Acting...Well...Retarted

Hi

Same happened to us after two hours of use on a new C24. Fader board needs to be replaced, call Digidesign and have it repaired under warranty.

Unlike the Pro Control, there are no user serviceable parts on the C24. Every repair is done at the factory in Ireland.

Gary
Old 04-07-2005, 03:00 PM

Are you positive...aren't there any other fixes??

This seems crazy...

I just got it...and it's already broken???
Old 04-07-2005, 03:39 PM

Okay. I'm gonna respond to my own thread here. I'm doing post -- working to quicktimes on a 2nd monitor. I have been getting -11002 errors lately which some have said are related to picture. So I thought maybe the problem with the C24 is picture related as well.

-- From my initial investigations -- it looks like it may be. I took the movie offline and the faders seem to be responding normally. The quicktime is actually uncompressed which I know is stupid because it hogs a lot of cpu -- which may actually be the root of all the problems.

Anyways, it looks like taking the movie offline solved my problem for now. I'll report back once I work more with it...
Old 04-08-2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Hi

Same happened to us after two hours of use on a new C24. Fader board needs to be replaced, call Digidesign and have it repaired under warranty.

Unlike the Pro Control, there are no user serviceable parts on the C24. Every repair is done at the factory in Ireland.

Gary
When our power supply went bad, we performed the power supply replacement and the fader board upgrade that accompanies the new poewer supply.... all done in house, in about 90 minutes. Digi overnited the new parts to us priority overnight and our total down time was about 4 billable hours. (The PS fried after lunch, we were back up by 10am the next day.)

FWIW. That's how it worked here in the States, although it was over a year ago.

Excellent service and support from Digi, though.

Brad McIlvaine
Sr. Mixer/Designer
Henninger Media Services
Washington, DC 20036
Washington, DC 20036
Old 04-08-2005, 12:13 PM

We're onto our third in six months, same problem everytime. Digidesign's official line in the UK is not to allow any user servicing (would have saved us a lot of time), everytime it's gone off for a few weeks at a time and the same machine has come back............with a few more scratches everytime. Unfortunately Digidesign Tech Support isn't as good in the UK.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:50 PM

Gary,

When my power supply went last summer and I contacted the Tech Support in the UK, I was asked if I was handy with a soldering iron. Now since I am, they sent me the instructions & capacitors for the fader boards and the new supply and a couple of hours later (after the parts arrived) I had a fully functioning C24.

So it really depends on your electonics experience and your confidence with following instructions.

I appreciated the help I got but that's not for everyone.

regards
Scotsman