Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-17-2010, 10:15 AM

Exclamation Pro-Tools Error "in use by another program"

Hello everyone!
New to this forum. hope this works.

I have a digi 002 which was out of commission for quite some time and now i'm trying to get it back in order. I recently repaired the power harness inside the digi and it connects to other computers fine. I suspect my problems lies within this computer i'm trying to use. I had a new version of pro-tools (7) but i deleted it and uploaded my original 002 disc (pro-tools 6.7) hoping that would correct the problem and it hasn't. When i try to open pro-tools it tells me that the hardware is in use by another app. The repair service people told me it had to do with my "audio driver"? I don't know what to do. I remember about two years ago i read on a forum how to move a driver or something to get garage band to work again, and now i have no idea what i did in the past and how to get things working now. Your help is appreciated. thanks-

Joel
Old 04-17-2010, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Error "in use by another program"

Go to SYSTEM PREFERENCES in your APPLE menu and open SOUND. Make sure the interface is NOT selected, i.e. select INTERNAL for input and output.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:11 PM

I had a problem like this with my mbox pro. I use it as a core audio driver and had a session open with reason rewired. Pt quit or a CPU issue ( old [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ty windows system) reason was open still in background using it as a core audio which made protools not open. Dunno if this helps. If not check ur firmware. I have seen protools not open because firmware was outdated.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Pro-Tools Error "this software is in use by another user"

when i try to open protools mpowered 6.8 the windows error appear "this software is in use by another user, I have installed audiophile 2496 and ilok, please help me.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:41 PM

Do u have multiple accounts on ur computer?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 PM

Do u have multiple accounts on ur computer?

yes, only two accounts administrators but I erased one of them and still the problem.

I have..
powermac G5 leopard 10.5.8
pro tools 6.8 m-powered
audiophile 2496