Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 10:05 AM

Default Digi does the 13 Slot Bit 3 work /w HD

Digi does the 13 Slot Bit 3 work /w HD3..........I thought Bit 3 made them for you but did not see it on the list...asked my dealer who can not tell me...called tec support who could not tell me...so If I upgrade to HD3...will my 13 slot bit 3{ wich works great with my dual 800 and Mix Plus systems} become Trash........if so tell me so I do not get cards and not have enough slots...or give away somthing that may work and spend another$2,000.00 needlessly....but if I must trash this one let me know so I have a little time to get the money and order in before the HD3 comes...please reply....thanks [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2002, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Digi does the 13 Slot Bit 3 work /w HD

hours later...digi do you plan on giving me this info..if you do not know just tell me [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2002, 02:23 PM

Sorry I'm not Digi but I don't see why not.
The slots in the exp. chassis are PCI
slots the same as in your G4. I don't see
why you couldn't use any PCI card in
the Bit 3. You just can't combine the new
HD cards with the old MIX cards.
Old 01-22-2002, 03:23 PM

JohnGalt...thanks...I just do not know why Digi..keeps us in the dark..I love Digi..but it is hard to understand why they can not give some feedback [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 05:29 AM

One more time Digi....I have mine sold ...do I need to do this for HD3.....
Old 01-23-2002, 10:52 AM

It depends on which chasis you have. If it's a 64 bit version, your good to go. PTHD requires a 64 bit bus. Mine for instance is only 32 bit, which works fine for the old system. This is why you need the G4 AGP computer to run the new system; it has a 64 bit PCI bus.
Old 01-25-2002, 08:32 AM

Guy Staley...Thanks...///My 13 slot Bit 3 rins now on a g4 w....mix plus does that mean it is compatibale with HD3 .....any help would be great ......still no answer from Digi on this post.
Old 01-25-2002, 06:17 PM
Avid

Sorry for the slow reply, but there are a lot of threads to keep track of!

To answer your question, we have simply not had time to test your chassis with the HD cards, so we don't know if it will have any problems or not. My advice is for you to definitely try it before you let it go. I just can't tell you for sure whehter or not it will work. If we tested all of the possible chassis before we released he hardware, it would literally have delayed us several months.

One rumor that I would like to dispell: There is no need for a 64-bit chassis with Pro Tools|HD. We did qualify two 32-bit chassis, and we'll be testing more as time allows, including yours. Keep an eye on the comapatibility pages on the website for updates.

Thanks,

Gordon
Old 01-26-2002, 10:24 AM

Thanks..I will try it and post results [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]