Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2009, 10:52 PM

Default unable to locate m-audio hardware

I recently upgraded to pro tools 8.0.1 from pro tools 7. I have an M Box 2 Mini audio interface. The M Box worked fine with pro tools 7. Now when I try to open pro tools 8.0.1 it says "unable to locate m-audio hardware. Make sure your audio hardware is connected and turned on." The M Box is connected and is receiving power (green usb light is on in the front). I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting it and restarting the computer as well, nothing seems to work. I have seen several other posts with this same error message but they haven't helped me - they point to drivers for other audio devices. I can't seem to find any drivers or anything to download for the M Box 2 Mini.

I have an 2.8 Ghz with 4 gigs of ram intel Imac running Mac OS 10.5.8
Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 PM

Default Re: unable to locate m-audio hardware

I have M-Powered 8.
I installed the 8.0.1 update, and two ProTools icon appear: ProTools M-Powered an ProTools LE.

The update installs both version... (?)

When I click the ProToole M-Powered icon, the program starts normally. But when I try to start ProTools-LE, the message appears " ... not found blah-blah-blah..." .
Old 09-17-2009, 04:34 AM

[QUOTE=bensoft;1460929]I have M-Powered 8.
I installed the 8.0.1 update, and two ProTools icon appear: ProTools M-Powered an ProTools LE.QUOTE]

I think that you have installed Pro Tool LE 8.0.1 on top of M-Powered.

You should uninstall everything, download the correct update and reinstall everything. Assuming that you downloaded and installed the wrong update.

Try that.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 PM

I know, it's unable to install ProTools LE Update 8.0.1, if the 8.0 not installed.

I installed: Pro_Tools_MP_801_Updater_61565.dmg

The mpkg in this dmg: Install Pro Tools MP Updater.mpkg

Old 09-17-2009, 01:42 PM

I thought it was just me..... after the update, 2 icons, LE and M-Powered. I deleted the LE icon from the program dock and have been ignoring it.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 09-17-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscbass View Post
I have an M Box 2 Mini audio interface. The M Box worked fine with pro tools 7. Now when I try to open pro tools 8.0.1 it says "unable to locate m-audio hardware.
It sounds like you installed PT M-Powered and are trying to use it with a STANDARD, Digidesign box. The M Box isn't an M-Audio device and requires ProTools LE.