Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2021, 05:48 PM

Default When will they fix MIDI Retrospective Record?

Lots of us use MIDI Retrospective Record. But when you do, you get the result in pic 1 below. Lot's of disjoined little clip boxes.

We should get the result in pic 2. This has been been broken for over a year. I figured I'd wait until they got around to it, but that's pointless.

Lot's of people complain about the subscription thing and all, and I don't but, but I'm sure understanding where they're coming from when little things like this don't ever get fixed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MIDI 1.jpg (10.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg MIDI 2.jpg (16.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-17-2021, 07:51 AM

Default Re: When will they fix MIDI Retrospective Record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
Lots of us use MIDI Retrospective Record. But when you do, you get the result in pic 1 below. Lot's of disjoined little clip boxes.

We should get the result in pic 2.
At least it captures the performance, and the correct view shows up when you do anything to refresh the screen. I tried to switch to Reaper for composing, but the lack of anything resembling retrospective record drove me back to PT. Yeah, it is annoying that you have to fiddle with it to get it to look right, and I'm looking forward to it being fixed. But, hey, it sounds right. That's the important thing. The bug probably pushes me to keep going for a good take rather than editing sloppy takes to death. There's a silver lining to most clouds, I suppose.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB