Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 01-07-2021, 08:02 AM

Default AIR instruments fail to load after PT update

Hi everyone.

I’ve scrolled through the forum and can’t find any precise answer to my problem. Can anyone help?

I recently upgraded to PT 2018 Ultimate from Pro Tools HD 12, and now a bunch of my AIR instruments have stopped woking. These are Velvet, Structure (full version - not Structure Free), Loom and Vacuum Pro. I get the message, “A internal component for this executable returned an unexpected error and cannot run. Please reinstall, or contact the software publisher for support.”

I’ve tried re-installing the Avid App Manager, then Avid Link, all to no avail. Tried downloading new authorisers, and again, no luck. Strange… because all the other AIR instruments, like Boom, Vacuum (not Vacuum Pro) and Mini Grand seem to be fine. And they all, including Loom, Velvet, Structure and Vacuum Pro, worked perfectly on my previous version of Pro Tools HD.

I also contacted AIR themselves, who just told me that I need to get in touch with Avid about the problem (and rather brazenly, asked me if I’d like to buy new PAID versions of the instruments from them!).

Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something? Or have I just LOST these plug-ins by virtue of the fact that I updated my software?

I’m on a Mac Pro, OS 10.13.6, PT 2018.4.0. Please help if you can… my studio is still operating even during this COVID-19 lockdown and I have contracts with deadlines to fulfill. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Gordon.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:27 AM

Default Re: AIR instruments fail to load after PT update

Did you install the newest versions?
For instruments?
Old 01-07-2021, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonliv View Post
...I’ve scrolled through the forum and can’t find any precise answer to my problem...
Welcome to the DUC!

You can Google Search the DUC - in the URL space up, write your topic, follow it with:
– site:duc.avid.com
For example:
AIR VIs missing – site:duc.avid.com

Or, up top of this page, to the right of the DUC pic, click on ‘Knowledge Base Search’
Entering ‘AIR instruments fail to load after PT update’ in the Search bar would bring you to:

Avid Knowledge Base - AIR Virtual Instruments and Effects are missing after installing Pro Tools
https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Tools-install

These include Boom, DB-33, Mini Grand, Structure Free, Vacuum, Xpand2!, AIR Chorus, AIR Dynamic Delay, AIR FuzzWah, AIR Phaser, etc.

Pro Tools 12 and Later
Run the AIR Effects Bundle, AIR Instruments Bundle, and XPand!2 installers (these are listed as First AIR Effects Bundle and First AIR Instruments Bundle in Application Manager, but they install the same plug-ins/versions)

Download these installers from one of the following...
• Avid account > My Products and Subscriptions > Pro Tools > Show
• Avid Application Manager > Apps (v12 or later)

Check to see if there’s a separate Installer for XPand!2

Bad news:
Updating Pro Tools installs Structure Free, which overwrites Structure 2.
Delete Structure Free.
If you haven’t kept a Backup (or the installers), re-download & install:
MAC PART 1
MAC PART 2
MAC PART 3
MAC PART 4
OSX 10.12+ SUPPORT FILE

Structure 2 (FULL) Installers from:
https://www.airmusictech.com/retail/redeem

Next time you update Pro Tools, keep a copy of Structure (FULL) from your Plug-Ins Folder; use it to replace Structure Free
Old 02-10-2021, 11:25 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Do you know what I did in the end? I just bought them all again. I couldn't bear the rigmarole of going through the pain of dealing with customer services, having emails ignored, being asked for screenshots, being told to contact other parties, have you tried this? have you tried that? It was just too painful and too time-consuming.

So yeah... it cost me some money but saved my sanity. I still find it a bit unfair, but, whatever.

With a bit of judicious Googling, I did find some absolute bargains though! Some of these plugins were on sale at just a few pounds, and I think all of them I managed to find at less than "list" price.

And now I'm back up and running. A bit lighter in the pocket but pain-free and sanity intact.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:35 PM

I have a similar problem. I can not get Xpand and Boom and all those to load into Pro Tools.

I have downloaded and successfully installed the most recent (and last version they say they are going to make) Application Manager (2018-10).

However, when I run it, i get the following error message (and App Manager won't go any further)

AvidApplicationManager.exe -- System Error

The program can't start because MSVCR120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So I have reinstalled the Application Manager, but just get the same message.

Also, I have gone on the Internet and found MSVCR120.dll and downloaded it into my computer -- but I can not figure out where in my computer to put it so that Application Manager can find it and start up properly.

I'm guessing it should go somewhere in the C:/Programs/Avid/ApplicationManager folder -- but where?

Can anyone help me get this set up?