Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-10-2011, 12:16 PM

Default M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge driver is flawed

I have been running a perfectly stable system for a few years without any problems. As soon as I upgraded to Pro Tools 9, I've been having all sorts of playback and record problems, which I was able to trace down to word clock. I was trying to use Pro Tools 9.0.5 on an iMac running OS 10.6.8 and I had upgraded to the appropriate M Audio driver, firewire 1.10.3 for the ProFire Lightbridge. I am using 2 Lucid ADA8824 for I/O and clocking the whole thing with a Lucid GenX192. After many hours of testing every possible configuration, I determined that all of my optical cables, bnc cables and Lucid hardware were all good. But the only way I could get reliable operation was to cut my system back to one Lucid converter and use the M Audio word clock. Downgrading the firewire driver to 1.9.3 seems to have solved the problem. So, hopefully M-Audio will see this and correct the situation with their current driver. I tried contacting them, but found it nearly impossible to get through to any human being. Both the poor quality of their product and their terrible customer support will guarantee that I will never buy one of their products again.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Thumbs down Re: M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge driver is flawed

Hello,
I tried Protools 9 on 10.6.8 with M-AUDIO Profire LIGHTBRIDGE. I used Lucid ADA88192, LUCID 8824,Focusrite ADAT converter-ALL synced by wordclock from M-Audio. I have got really big problem with it. I recieved lot of cracks and glitchies.
Simply not working.

I have idea to use Lexicon 480 to loop by SPDIF from M-Audio Lightbridge-synced from M-Audio. It was really impossible.

I was lucky with my old backup G4 OSX 10.3 system+Protools TDM 6.41 with 2 ADATBRIDGE interfaces. This old Digidesign setup saved my recording project. All what I want I have got....

I can confirm really big problem with M-Audio new drivers for OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
I want to sell Lightbridge and buy some new MOTU or RME interface for Protools 9.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Default Re: M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge driver is flawed

I am getting the same poor results after upgrading to ProTools 9.0.6, on OS 10.6.8. My system worked fine with ProTools 9.0.5. After up grading to 9.0.6 the audio from the light pipe ins went to hell. Seems to be a clocking issue? The funning thing is things work great before the upgrade.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:47 PM

Default Re: M-Audio ProFire Lightbridge driver is flawed

I got my system 10.6.8 Mac system working again by doing a fresh install of protools 9.0.5, and using m audio driver 1.8.4.