Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 AM
JamesV JamesV is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 324
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
How is HD on xp 64? I'm running my HD 4 accel on windows 7 64 and it's rocking hard man. I think it feels a little faster then xp did. I wonder if it's the 64 bit or windows 7. No problems with 8.0.1 as well. Mixing very big tv shows. Same motherboard. All the best
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEAT View Post
In the world of Pro Tools HD you may be right.8's plugs and VI's were worth the $249 upgrade to PT8.......just throw the worthless 8 into the garbage and keep it's plugs and ya might not feel RIPPED OFF anymore.I do miss those 10 inserts.Nothing I can't easily get around though.
Which version of Window 7 64 are you running successfully?
__________________
Digi002R PT6.7 SP1 K8Vdx AMD643200 GeilPC32001G HitSATA80GB(sys) 2xSATA160GB GlyphXFW NEC2500DVDRW Sapph9600ProU SonyP234LCD AntecSonata Zalman7000Al
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Fullsound Recording Fullsound Recording is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: SEATTLE WA USA
Posts: 680
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Well i have given up on 8.01 for now as i just dont have the time to solve all the issues.

In cs3 im rock solid so thats where i have landed for a while.
__________________
www.fullsoundrecording.com
Seattle Wa

I voted at www.deardigi.com
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
sunburst79 sunburst79 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Posts: 12,763
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
How is HD on xp 64? I'm running my HD 4 accel on windows 7 64 and it's rocking hard man. I think it feels a little faster then xp did. I wonder if it's the 64 bit or windows 7. No problems with 8.0.1 as well. Mixing very big tv shows. Same motherboard. All the best
I have noticed that most of the people using that series board are able to run PTHD PCI...
__________________
Scott

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Przemek Przemek is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Poznan, POLAND
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

I write to say that... I do feel ripped...
I was working with 8.0.1 for a while, everything was fine until today. Yesterday I've finished work late at night, everytning worked smooth - in heavy session. Today in the morning I cannot record stereo piano to a stereo track - no plugs, just stereo track recording piano from kurzweil stage piano!!! I did not change anything, had no hangs or sth, haven't installed anything, in fact I didn't touch that comp... 6031 over and over... removed ALL plugs (just stock), newest drivers for nvidia (5.10.2009) and still nothing - stupid demo with one stereo track with no plug-ins?!?!
Now I'm back with 8.0cs3, have minor glitches, but no 6031.
And I recorded that stereo piano in Cubase SX3 on ancient computer and DIGI001 with no single problem...
It is major problem for me now and I think I'll go back to v7...
Digi, are you working on it or do you say that this is the way it should "work"?
__________________
http://imaginatlh.com/91709
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-07-2009, 01:38 PM
x9blade x9blade is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 1,399
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

yeah it seems like for some reason the problems appear over time. once the problems arrive, it nothing but problems.
i don't believe i ever saw a 6031 error before in 8.cs3 until i installed 8.0.1 after that disaster previous versions seem to be infected.strange
__________________
3930K I7,X79 asus,GTX780,Samsung SSDx2,Western Digital Black 2TB HDDx4
32 Gb Corsair ram,30"Apple Cinema Screen,HD NATIVE
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Gravyblue Gravyblue is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sunny England
Posts: 131
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Przemek!
Trash those prefs!!!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Przemek Przemek is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: Poznan, POLAND
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravyblue View Post
Przemek!
Trash those prefs!!!
I did it dozen times...
__________________
http://imaginatlh.com/91709
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM
DigiTechSupt's Avatar
DigiTechSupt DigiTechSupt is offline
Avid
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Worldwide
Posts: 33,798
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek View Post
I write to say that... I do feel ripped...
I was working with 8.0.1 for a while, everything was fine until today. Yesterday I've finished work late at night, everytning worked smooth - in heavy session. Today in the morning I cannot record stereo piano to a stereo track - no plugs, just stereo track recording piano from kurzweil stage piano!!! I did not change anything, had no hangs or sth, haven't installed anything, in fact I didn't touch that comp... 6031 over and over... removed ALL plugs (just stock), newest drivers for nvidia (5.10.2009) and still nothing - stupid demo with one stereo track with no plug-ins?!?!
Now I'm back with 8.0cs3, have minor glitches, but no 6031.
And I recorded that stereo piano in Cubase SX3 on ancient computer and DIGI001 with no single problem...
It is major problem for me now and I think I'll go back to v7...
Digi, are you working on it or do you say that this is the way it should "work"?
I'm sorry I've not been able to reply to this sooner - I've been trying to figure out a way to both make it clear that the ultimate fault lies with the computer configuration and not Pro Tools and to offer a way to help solve the issues you're experiencing.

I'm not sure if you've all read the previous posts by Paul V of our engineering team - he described why the changes were made and why someone would now be seeing 6031's. Essentially there were situations previously that may cause audio clicks or pops and we tightened up the code so that, rather than allowing that to happen, Pro Tools would throw a 6031.

The reason you're seeing 6031's now isn't because there's a bug - it's because we're exposing a situation on your system that would have slipped by previously. If you're experiencing 6031's, it's because there is another driver, setting or device causing interrupts. The key to solving this is to determine which driver/setting or device is the culprit. The same problem is still there (the interrupts are occurring) on other versions of Pro Tools, it's just not throwing the error.

Here's a thread where on customer narrowed it down to a Realtek driver:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...=254634&page=3

In the interest of digging further into this issue, can anyone experiencing 6031's answer the following:

1. When using MSCONFIG, which items do you still have enabled in the System Services and Startup tabs? Be specific - I need an item by item accounting. Assuming you've done the steps in the General Troubleshooting thread, this list should be very, very minimal.
2. What items do you have in your taskbar/system tray after your computer boots up completely?
3. If you open Task Manager, how many processes do you have running? Ideally we'd like to see a list or screenshot of all your active processes.
4. In Device Manager, do you have any network devices, wireless, bluetooth, sound cards or any other peripheral devices still enabled when using Pro Tools? Ideally, again, we'd like to see a screenshot of your Device Manager.
5. Does changing the HW Buffer Size to 512 or 1024 reduce or eliminate the 6031's?

If anyone is interested and willing, we'd like to get a system in here for evaluation - we'll pay shipping both ways and I would expect we would only need a day or two to determine what's going wrong. Please let me know if this appeals to anyone and we can set this up.
__________________
Avid Audio Tech Support
Help us help you - read this before posting
Support FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
MEAT MEAT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 357
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post

The reason you're seeing 6031's now isn't because there's a bug - it's because we're exposing a situation on your system that would have slipped by previously. If you're experiencing 6031's, it's because there is another driver, setting or device causing interrupts. The key to solving this is to determine which driver/setting or device is the culprit. The same problem is still there (the interrupts are occurring) on other versions of Pro Tools, it's just not throwing the error.


Well then please CHANGE THE CODE BACK! I never had/have -6031 errors in 7.4 and never,ever get any clicks and pops.Change the code back!
__________________
Bug ridden Pro Tools 8 but back to 7.4 HD2,192 I/O,96 I/O,Midi I/O,Control 24
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Bender412 Bender412 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 34
Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I have noticed that most of the people using that series board are able to run PTHD PCI...

FWIW I'm also using the ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro motherboard. I'm a relatively new PTHD user, and 8.0cs3 is the first version i've ever used. When I first built the PC and installed PT, I had an issue with random short bursts of white noise. After formatting my audio drive into smaller partitions, the problem disappeared. I've been running HD3 (PCI) everyday in a commercial studio for about 4 months with NO errors or problems (KNOCKING ON WOOD!)! Having said that, I'm naturally a little hesitant to install 8.0.1 yet.

If anybody would like to know anything about my system hardware or settings, I'd be glad to share.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feel totally ripped off ahjteam Pro Tools 10 7 11-01-2011 03:06 AM
did I get ripped off? nandk 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 2 09-04-2008 07:41 AM
Structure Upgrade: I've been ripped off!!!!! HELP Digi CS!!! RobMacki Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 2 07-16-2007 11:11 AM
did i just get ripped off??? AM STUDIOS 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 15 04-14-2005 09:25 PM
Have U been ripped off? tworooms 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 06-28-2002 08:56 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com