How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2014, 07:16 PM

Default AIR VI bonkers after updating PT11.2.1

As of the time of this posting I have only identified this problem associated with AIR Music Technology VI... (All of them) The AIR audiosuite plugs are fine. But as you read on perhaps you will see why I am posting my inquiry here at the DUC rather than their site.

An example of what occurs is the drop down menus, drop down when selected: but then no option can be highlighted or selected from the various drop down menus. That example is the most consistent across the board with all the VI, however in each of the instruments there are knobs, sliders.. some work, some don't. This is the same for automation.. some continues to follow the automation tracks and some do not.

Have uninstalled the individual AIR VI via the windows control panel. Uninstalled the most recent versions all the way back to the ones that came in the producers pack in case there was a conflict there. Ran a search and Recycle bin'd everything I could find on the C: drive

Ran a registry scan, (Cclean) fixed all issues. Most of the registry issues referred to a netframework while a few seemed to apply to the files I had just sent to the recycle bin.

Re-installed all VI one at a time. Created a new PT11 session to test each plug in immediately after it was loaded. They all worked fine.

Opened up the session where everything had started to misbehave right after the ProTools update. It has a couple of the AIR VI instantiated... everything worked fine for about 10 passes. For example I was able to change the internal bus on the individual drum tracks from where they were separated to different bus, back to Master.
Then it started misbehaving again, just as I described in my first paragraph, no selecting from drop down menu, could select one of the knobs on the main page controlling the snare but not feel, automation worked for complexity, but not intensity.

Not sure where to turn next.

Running PT11.2.1 on a PC OS is Win 8.1 64bt with a i7 4770 processor 3.50GHz, gigabyte Z87X-UD4H mobo, 32GB of DDR3, Graphics card is PNY GK104 which is Nvidia GTX770 System drive and recording drive are both SSD 500GB Samsung and there are 2ea seagate 2TB internal storage drives (content for VI is on storage drives and was put there by AIR proprietary installer exe) All drivers are up to date. My audio interface is an Eleven Rack with the most up to date drivers and such..... I use this computer to host ProTools and do network it from time to time to act as host to another DAW with Vienna... I noticed there was an update for Vienna Ensemble Pro5 and got that...didn't help with the above problem though. I have an avid Artist Control.. had begun to install that.. uninstalled because I couldn't sort out the physical desk space without some handy man effort. The Cclean registry clean didn't find a conflict there but am unsure about a few files I find in search for Eucon so I left them alone.

Ran a Sisandra to be able to comply with standard duc practices, but really if I posted it, it'd look more like I was bragging about my awesome DAW build and there are no obvious hardware conflicts... and frankly this looks like something that used to get fixed by deleting pref files. That said, if you need it, I'm happy to post it.

I've sniffed around the various file trees and nothing really jumps out at me. While we're at it... a tip on how to get the UAD plugs I don't own off the menu in PT would be nice. I've moved them from used to unused several times to no avail.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.