Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2022, 06:23 AM

Default Possible Bug with Eucon Software on Mac

I have a Doc , iPad Air 2 and an Artist mix attached to a MacPro Late 2013 trash can running last ver of Mojave. Pretty much everything works perfectly .. however when I program a new button in the app under the Control Surface tab it seems afterwards the pop up window where you assign the function to a button keeps popping open even after you close it.. when this happens the hardware function keys don't work and protools won't do what your trying to accomplish.

Specifically I was using the preview feature , setting up a snapshot would hit write and it appeared protolls accepted the command but when I'd play back the write wasn't there . I'd open up the eucon App and Sure enough under the tab where you assign jey commands the little pop up window was open again . I'd close it, try the same thing and no luck. Open the app again and Sure enough same issue . I have to quit eucon , relaunch and everything functions as expected .. very odd.. maybe something to check on your end ?

Protools HD native , Ultimate 2021.12
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0007185/
coryrizos.com

Last edited by Cryos; 01-22-2022 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:40 AM
Avid

Default Re: Possible Bug with Eucon Software on Mac

Looking into it....
Old 01-25-2022, 09:10 AM

same on my system...and it has been allways like that on my system.
Old 01-28-2022, 09:31 AM
Avid

We see it and have logged it for fixing
Old 01-28-2022, 05:36 PM

I'm wondering it there is an overall bug with Mac as I cannot update my Dock FW. Eucon sees my Dock but for whatever reason it will not push an FW update through?! This is my second dock , brand new out of the box, and the same result. Mac OS Catalina. It's been weeks and brand new dock has been a glorified paperweight...
Old 01-28-2022, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bulldops View Post
I'm wondering it there is an overall bug with Mac as I cannot update my Dock FW. Eucon sees my Dock but for whatever reason it will not push an FW update through?! This is my second dock , brand new out of the box, and the same result. Mac OS Catalina. It's been weeks and brand new dock has been a glorified paperweight...
Do you have another Mac you can install EuControl on and plug the Dock in directly to update?
Old 01-29-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Do you have another Mac you can install EuControl on and plug the Dock in directly to update?
Actually I hadn't thought of doing that but I still have my iMac (running high sierra) that currently using as a display for my new mac mini. this morning I got the iMac up and running installed latest Eucon. nada. Same issue. I then tried installing a legacy version i think it was 20.6 and still nothing.

Is there something very simple I'm missing in the process of updating FW? it seems straightforward enough. first in left pane Eucon sees my dock. I drag/add over to right for 'my surfaces' it then is claimed by my computer > click on update FW. dialogue box pops up with instructions. the progress bar shoots up immediately with no other activity - is this normal? should i be letting it wait awhile before power on/off the unit? is there anything else i should be doing to the unit itself or just power on/off? I'm stumped here. And much appreciate the community support here as I'd love to get this to work
Old 01-29-2022, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bulldops View Post
Actually I hadn't thought of doing that but I still have my iMac (running high sierra) that currently using as a display for my new mac mini. this morning I got the iMac up and running installed latest Eucon. nada. Same issue. I then tried installing a legacy version i think it was 20.6 and still nothing.

Is there something very simple I'm missing in the process of updating FW? it seems straightforward enough. first in left pane Eucon sees my dock. I drag/add over to right for 'my surfaces' it then is claimed by my computer > click on update FW. dialogue box pops up with instructions. the progress bar shoots up immediately with no other activity - is this normal? should i be letting it wait awhile before power on/off the unit? is there anything else i should be doing to the unit itself or just power on/off? I'm stumped here. And much appreciate the community support here as I'd love to get this to work
You shouldn’t need to manually power cycle the unit after the firmware update. It will power cycle on its own.
Are you using the Ethernet cable that came with the unit?
It’s highly unlikely that this issue is repeating itself on a different computer and different Dock. Are you turning off the Dock mid firmware update?
Old 01-29-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
You shouldn’t need to manually power cycle the unit after the firmware update. It will power cycle on its own.
Are you using the Ethernet cable that came with the unit?
It’s highly unlikely that this issue is repeating itself on a different computer and different Dock. Are you turning off the Dock mid firmware update?
Yes using the ethernet cable that came w/unit. have tried swapping cables too. direct to computer or via my ethernet switch. different ports etc etc. according to the update instructions dialogue box it says to power off/on. I've left it powered on to see if it does anything on its own and nothing ever happens? this is pic of the dialogue box that comes up. this all happens very fast...the progress bar shoots all the way full in about 2 seconds or less and then nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eucon.jpg (57.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-29-2022, 10:33 AM

Default Possible Bug with Eucon Software on Mac

Are you sure this isn’t the same unit you sent back? Can you compare serial numbers? Just curious. Was this a brand new unit in the sealed box?