Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 01:09 AM

Default AVOption|XL - Urgent help needed...

Hello everyone!

I have problem with AV XL option with ProControl when I did an upgrade to a clean system.

System configuration is:
- Mac G4 867MHz with 1GB ram (OS10.3.2)
- MIX3 system with AVXL option and pro control (with one additional fader pack and edit pack)
- 2x888 audio interfaces, digi 13 slot chassis, USD
- Storage is 6 SCSI Digidrives 36GB drives connected to SCSI64 KIT (ATTO EPCI-DC) (one in chassis and one in mac)
- Installed version is 6.2.3cs3 with AVOption|XL 6.2.3.

Problem that I have is when importing OMF file from an AVID Xpress system (PC) it takes long time for video to be recognized (linked) and sometimes freezes the application.

When importing files from an OMF sequence video can only be relinked automatically, because when I tried to do it manually all I get is one video file with several question marks as name, and no other video pieces shown.

Also video files are not copied when option for coping files is choosen.

Problem also appears when session is saved and then reopened it also takes lot’s of time (about 2 minutes just to open the session that is 1 minute long)

On OS9 and old version of PT everything worked fine, and workflow that we had (on daily basis, 45 min shows) from Avid to PT worked fine.

I also realized that when importing OMF into PT I have to do lot’s of workarounds and also when importing, video files were just dropped on the timeline (the whole consolidated length together with handle length, not just the part that was edited in the Avid system). After closing the session and re-open it again video was fine and in sync with audio.

I would appreciate if someone can help me regarding this issue or anyone who has similar configuration and this kind of problems to share…

Thanx&Regards

E.