Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 06-13-2021, 05:26 AM

Default EuControl with MAGIX Samplitude

This doesn't apply to all Pro Tools users, but users that also use Magix Samplitude/Sequoia with their Avid S1.

Before the latest update, I have been able to control EQ and Dynamics parameters with an iPad. The latest update 2020.11.1 kinda bricked that. Upon opening EuControl, all Inserts, EQ, Dynamics, Pan would lit up. But as soon as I touch any of the EQ, or Dyn... all of the features would be turn off leaving only Pan knob.

Would this be fixed? As I don't recall that happening before with Samplitude?

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:36 AM
Avid

Default Re: EuControl with MAGIX Samplitude

Can you post this on their forum too. There are some changes in the upcoming 21.6 release that may help with this.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the reply Eddie. I'll post it in the Magix forum as well.

It seems like the problem is the "attentioned track" in the iPad is locked with a blue border and I can't seem to change it no matter where I tap.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:41 AM
Avid

Thats a surface thing. The blue boarder is just an indication that its attentioned not locked. So on the Channel tab, are you saying that pressing on any of the track blocks at the top does not move the blue boarder to that track ?
Old 06-17-2021, 09:47 AM

Yes, it was like that for a while. I tried it again after several reboots and now the surface blue border seem to follow each track I attentioned. However, EQ and DYN still doesn't work.

It's not a breaker, that's until if I want to use EuControl for a simple live show with Samplitude. I might just use Pro Tools or Logic then. Will wait for the new update and see if the EQ and DYN problem gets solved. I'm looking forward to being able to customise each plugin parameter to the surface or S1/Dock which you've mentioned somewhere.
Old 06-29-2021, 07:50 PM

Eucon 2021.6 solved the grayed out issues. Mapping of VSTs on Samplitude works great but Samplitude native plugins can’t be mapped.

As noted in Samplitude community forum, track colors do not get mapped on the S1 for the past 2020 versions as well. 2019 version however does get track colors mapped correctly.