Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 03-10-2024, 12:24 PM

Default Antares plugins (mostly) do not show up in PT 2024.3

PT 2024.3 Studio / Mac M1 Pro / UAUDIO Twin Thunderbolt / Antares latest plugins

The only plugins that show up are Auto Tune Hybrid, EFX, EFX +, Vocal Reverb and my old version of AT 7. THis happens in native and in Rosetta. All of the Antares plugins show up in Logic Pro X and Ableton Live on the SAME MACHINE!!! I've tried to contact Ableton support but you know the answer to that one. Is this a problem with PT, Avid or Antares as it is FRUSTRATING? I also tried trashing PT preferences. So please, someone, what goes on here.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Antares plugins (mostly) do not show up in PT 2024.3

Do you see errors when 2024.3 is loading plugins? If so (or just anyhow try) trash the plugin cache (or trash all prefs) and try again. Plugin load issues are widely being reported on DUC. You say you tried trashing prefs but make sure you really got the plugin cache file... use Pete Gates PT Prefs 2 utility to be sure (edit: nope do it by hand, see below).

And by not show up you mean under the insert menus in Pro Tools?

Are the .aaxplugin bundles for these missing plugins actually in the plugin folder?

Do you see those missing plugins load at startup? If not sure trash the plugin cache file again and watch, Pro Tools will load them slower as it rebuilds the cache and you should see them load.

Look in the Pro Tools Log file ~/Library/Logs/Avid/Pro_Tools* and see where it is loading plugins and what it does with these missign plugins... a good way to use these log files is to compare line by line an old log file that worked OK and these where something is going wrong.

You are migrating from what exact setup? Where it worked OK? It's next to impossible to work out what systems you have from any of these long descriptions. You really ought to clean up your signature and use proper Apple model names and try to present this in a way that is less painful to try to unpick.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 03-10-2024 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2024, 01:33 PM

And a reminder the plugin caching changed in 2023.12 and later:

Mac: /Users/Shared/Pro Tools/AAXPlugInCache/*

Windows: C:\Users\Public\Pro Tools\AAXPlugInCache\*

Remember to quote or escape the space in "Pro Tools" if doing this from the command line.

And I just realized from the build date that that the current version of PT Prefs 2 probably does not smack these plugins cache files correctly.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:38 PM

I'm having the same problem with Spitfire plugins - I have tried trashing everything I can find with no luck. I have tried repairing the plugins, and trashed prefs including the new plugin cache. Unable to get Spitfire plugins to show up in Pro Tools at all.

Last edited by Mike Pfeifer; 04-14-2024 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Edit to add that pro tools version is 2024.3.1
Old 04-14-2024, 10:32 PM

These were all working before? On what exact version of Pro Tools and what exact macOS. Of all the things suggested in this thread what have you tried doing?

What exactly have you done since stuff last worked?

Are you sure all the installed plugins are Apple silicon native... run a PT Prefs 2 plugin report and check they are all universal?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 04-14-2024 at 11:59 PM.