Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2010, 12:10 PM

Default No Input Audio on Digi 002 after 8.04

I recently upgraded to 8.04 & am having a problem with my Digi 002 Rack.

I have been playing back & mixing fine, but I just noticed I no longer have input audio when trying to record and my 1394 LED keeps blinking too.

I have changed nothing in my setup other than the upgrade to 8.04.
I double checked all my connections & even put a tone generator directly in to the 1-8 inputs of the 002 to confirm there is no audio showing up on the computer.
It happens in other audio apps that worked fine before too (i.e., Soundforge).

I'm not sure if this is something with the ASIO driver, PT LE or my Digi 002 rack.
Everything works fine with my Mbox2, I can record/play thru it just fine.
But my Digi 002 Rack will not pass any input audio.

I did apply the cs2 update & still same problem.

Any idea ? Anyone else experience this?
It all worked fine before.

My Specs:
Win XP, Dell E6400, 4gb RAM, 3.06Ghz Core 2 Duo, 64gb SSD Drive
Digi 002 Rack / PT LE 8.04cs2
Old 10-24-2010, 09:07 PM

Default Re: No Input Audio on Digi 002 after 8.04

Assuming it worked before the update, its entirely possible that the power harness just failed you. I can't think of any other logical reason for it to not work, and every 002 before a certain serial number's last letter(I think its "G") has or will fall victim to this well-known and documented issue. Since you have the rack version, the fix might be as easy as popping the lid and reseating the harness. Just work each of the 3 connectors 5-6 times, starting with the one at the power supply, which is bolted to the right side(with the front panel toward you).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-25-2010, 03:34 PM

Don't think it's the power harness, I had that issue during my early 002 days & had that fixed by Digi.

Its just weird because up until I moved to the latest PT LE version, it all worked perfectly fine.
Nothing has changed software or hardware wise in my setup other than 8.04 update.

After seeing some other people have had weird symptoms post 8.04, I strongly suspect after I upgraded something changed with 002 + PT LE.

I don't know if 8.04 upgraded the firmware in my 002, if the ASIO driver is broken or maybe it doesn't like my Firewire host now or something, but it is quite frustrating as I cannot record with the 002.

Double checked all inputs & settings in PT LE, all looks fine.
Digi 002 audio play back fine but input audio = nothing.
Enable record with audio going directly into an input but nothing shows up in PT.

Alt Src input (the RCA jacks) works, but if I try to route Alt Src to 7/8 via the button on 002 front panel - I still get no audio showing up in PT.

Think my hardware has died?
Or did 8.04 break something?

Update:
The other weird thing I noticed is if I use Digi's ASIO audio to use my Digi hardware with Soundforge, the Peak Level meters in Soundforge no longer move!
Audio plays but no movement in the meters, they just freeze.
Now I am definitely suspecting upgrading to 8.04 screwed something up.

Anyone else having these weird problems?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:59 PM

So do I have this correct? You can playback tracks, but cannot record new audio? If this is the case, then drivers are probably fine(as is the harness). The first thing I would check is your IO setup>Input tab. If you are new to that page, just click on the DEFAULT button and see if that helps. Then check to see if you have Input-Only monitoring selected by mistake(it will show a small green "light" right below the red record "light" by the transport controls at the top of the EDIT window.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:04 AM

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I was thinking it was something wrong with my hardware (as I recently moved) but now know that it's definitely not. My 800r is showing that it's receiving audio, but evidently my 002 isn't able to send audio to my computer.

I hope avid addresses this soon, as it's very frustrating to not be able to record with my recording rig.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 AM

If you guys are running Windows XP, you should just roll back to 8.0.1cs1. 8.0.4 was mostly for Windows 7 fixes(but brought its own set of troubles, one of which maybe is your issue).

Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 AM

I would have to agree with Albee.. Check your I/O and make sure if you're using your analog Ins, that they are assigned to an input, and the box is checked next to each input (same is you're using digital ins ie, ADATS). I know that the way my homesetup used to be, I was running everything I/O analog, where as my work setup was all run digital via ADATs, so when I transfered sessions back and forth, I'd have to ensure that my I/Os were selected properly for the appropriate system.

Also, as level one and basic as this may sound... recently when I was installing my new Tascam DM3200 mixer, I setup my 002R to it via ADATs, and was finding that I wasn't getting any signal in either. I could get playback, but no input. I must have went over the Tascam manual a million times, and I was sure I had it set up right, and it turns out... I had a bad optical cable. That's all it was, meanwhile I had pulled out all my hair and wasted 4 hours one night trying to figure it out. I know you had said you checked connections, but if you're running optical cables (or any other cables for that matter) better to double and triple check all the cables, not just the connections.

Oh, and yes, ditch the 8.0.4 upgrade and go back to 8.0.1cs1! I upgraded to 8.0.4 as well, and NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS! I swear everything went wrong with that upgrade. As soon as I rolled back to 8.0.1, Rock Solid once again. Unless you're using Windows 7, 8.0.4 is really only good for one thing.... causing migraines!!!

Let us know how it turns out.
Cheers
Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 PM

8.0.4cs2 here on Windows XP SP3 with no issues that I've run across.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM

I'm running vista. And like I said, it's nothing with the hardware/cables. I checked and double-checked everything. Nothing to do with the I/O, etc. It's definitely a software and/or firmware issue.

I'll roll it back to the previous update.

But again, avid needs to address this.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:34 PM

Let us know if your rollback solves the issue. If for any reason, it does NOT, I would open the unit and reseat the harness anyway, on the off-chance that the problem is due to a voltage issue feeding the analog board(with all the inputs).