Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-29-2001, 04:01 PM

Default Ahead Nero Burning Rom Software

I have a Yamaha 20x CDRW ( I know I should have chosen th Plexwriter) and it was bundled with Ahead's Nero Burning Rom Software. Anytime I try to ad a WAV file created by PTLE I get an error message "file is not a recognized format". The file are .wav files PCM, 44.1, 16 bit, stereo. It will work using other .wav files like some I found in the windows/medea folder. Anyone else have this problem or similar. null [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
(901)270-8104
Old 08-29-2001, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Ahead Nero Burning Rom Software

Check out this thread. http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...&f=32&t=002443
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by mkosel:
I have a Yamaha 20x CDRW ( I know I should have chosen th Plexwriter) and it was bundled with Ahead's Nero Burning Rom Software. Anytime I try to ad a WAV file created by PTLE I get an error message "file is not a recognized format". The file are .wav files PCM, 44.1, 16 bit, stereo. It will work using other .wav files like some I found in the windows/medea folder. Anyone else have this problem or similar. null [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 10-22-2002, 02:11 AM

I think this is a function of Nero, rather than the drive you use. I had the same problem with my OEM version (5.5.8.3) of Nero, but I just downloaded the latest update (5.5.9.14) and lo and behold, the problem disappeared!
Old 10-22-2002, 04:51 AM

We run the latest version fo Nero and do not experience this problem.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:04 PM

I have the latest version of Nero and DO experience this problem...

In my opinion there is something else going on with Nero behind the scenes... the digital scenes I mean... see my post "Burned CDs Sound Fuzzy" for some additional Nero problems.

I haven't found out how to make Nero accept files direct from Pro Tools without opening in another program first...

Good luck!
Old 10-22-2002, 03:57 PM

ProTools saves Wav files with wierd extensions which means that some burning software may not recognize your PT sessions. It's a PT bug that's never been fixed, not a Nero problem.

I had the some hassle but found that using MusicMatch Jukebox Plus (latest version ) burnt perfectly every time. You can download it for about £20 from he MusicMatch site. Don't forget to back up PT as Data files (the audio setting will see your audio files but not your PT session file ) and use audio setting for play back of CD's on commercial CD players.

It also has MP3 burning capabilities and a wicked radio station!

Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:21 PM

YES ...But today was the first time. It must be some with the way Protools save the wav files. I just try to burn a cd in Nero with wav files straight from Prottols, but it didn't work. This is the first time I've tried to burn wave files straight from protools. I've used Sound Forge to edit the wav files before burning to cd.

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 10-22-2002, 07:54 PM

The answer is simple NERO does not recognize .WAV files when you bounce your mix to disc just save the files as .AIFF and NERO will recognize them. They will play fine in any CD player, I know because I had the same problem and .AIFF works every time. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 06:29 AM

OK so it is established that Nero doesnt like the PTLE BTD files, but I have read that Adaptec Easy writer will. I have Nero on my protools pc, but have a copy of the adaptec writer. I do not want any conflicts on the sacred pro tools pc of course. My question: will the adaptec software work with any cd burner, or are these write programs geared for a specific cd write drive. In other words, does it matter what cd burning software you use?
Old 10-23-2002, 07:13 AM

This problem existed for Cubase SX-bounced files as well. I think it's Nero's problem. Nero burnt CDs do not play well in my car. They play only for 2 tracks and skip the rest. I wish my CD player came with Adaptec software. It never let me down.
http://volcanojazz.com
http://myspace.com/volcanojazz