Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2009, 09:00 AM

Question HELP Needed - PT8 MPowered & MAudio Fast Track Ultra

It has to be me doing something wrong. I have Pro Tools 8, M - Powered (w/ current update) & a M-Audio Fast Track Ultra (current drivers & powered using the 5v adapter) connected via USB to my PC. When I use my M-Audio Axiom Pro 25 connected via MIDI I am able to play, hear, record, playback and modify the recording from with in Pro Tools, however when I plug my guitar into a 1/4 input on the Fast Track Ultra I can hear sound through Pro Tools, I can manipulate the sound via the track interface, BUT can't record anything. The connection seems to be good, but it will not record me playing my guitar. What input/output interface should I be using? It may be important to note that I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (all current updates in place). I would think if there was some sort of incompatibility issue it would also be affecting the Axiom Pro25. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:20 AM

Default Re: HELP Needed - PT8 MPowered & MAudio Fast Track Ultra

I think you might have to tweek your compatibility settings using Windows 7. I was having all sorts or problems using PT8 M-Powered (Pro Tools 8 was responding very slow and was crashing, my MOTU micro lite wasn't sending any signals out to the other MIDI ports) until I reconfigured the compatibility mode. Once I configured the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2, I really got cooking. I don't have those kinda problems anymore. I don't have a M-Audio Fast Track, I have a profire 2626 but I hope this helped.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 AM

Oh yeah.... check your inputs of your M-Audio Fast Track. Whichever one you have your guitar plugged into, that should be the one you use as an input on your audio track to record.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:52 PM

Thanks for your reply and help! I got some help & all is working. I'm new to PT's so i was using instrument as my track setting and not audio. Once I set it up as audio track recording and mixing was flawless. Newbie dumb***** mistake

I haven't had any issues with Win7 and PT8. I have a pretty beefy system Dell XPS tower, 3TB's worth of storage, 6 GB of memory & a core duo CPU, but i think why I haven't had any problems is due to the fact i upgraded to Win7 from Vista and didn't do a complete reconfig, so elements of Vista are still there. Either way its working great and I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond. have a good one!!