Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2004, 07:54 AM

Default Using Apogee Trak2 D/A to listen via monitors

Ok

I have searched quite a bit, but have failed to find a comprehensive answer. Sorry if I missed it. I have a Trak2 with the 8 D/A option. I am running PTLE 6.2.2 on a 002. So, I purchased the Apogee cable (Db25 to 8 XLR male) I have Event 20/20 BAS monitors. I plugged in 1 and 2 from the snake into the monitors but need to know the next step. i.e. What settings do I have to switch to hear sound out of the monitors? Thanks. Please ask if there is any helpful info I may have left out.

-rw

www.russellwolff.com

I produce things @ www.krazypopstudio.com

Endorsements and affiliations: MikTek Microphones, AVID, Klotz Cables, CAD Headphones, ToonTrack, Parker Guitars, Taylor Guitars, Steven Slate, Seymour Duncan Pickups, D'Addario, Bugera; Dangerous Music, Digidesign, Focusrite, IK Multimedia, Altiverb, Focal Monitors, and SurgeX.

Pro Tools 12.4 HD, MBP Quad-core 2.5Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, UAD-2.
Interfaces: UA Apollo 8
Old 03-22-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Using Apogee Trak2 D/A to listen via monitors

Hi Russell. If you are using your S/PDIF I/O, try these settings, if you haven't already. I use the same with a 001, Apogee Mini-DAC and Mackie HR824s(It should be the same for the 002):

To select the Clock Source:

1 Choose Setups > Hardware Setup.
2 Select a clock source(S/PDIF) from the Clock Source pop-up menu.
Select the sample rate.

Then select S/PDIF Mirroring(when this option is enabled, the S/PDIF (RCA) outputs (outputs 17 and 18) automatically mirror the audio that is sent to analog outputs 1 and 2).

3.Click OK.

Can you now monitor your session out of the Trak2? Let us know.

Old 03-22-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Using Apogee Trak2 D/A to listen via monitors

I am being told by Apogee that the Trak2 has no digital in by default. So, while I use the SPDIF out to go into the 002, and I use the clock via SPDIF, is this true? Some people are telling me there is a way to get back into the Trak2 out of the box. Apogee is telling me I need to buy an AMBUS card with ADAT optical in to get back in. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I produce things @ www.krazypopstudio.com

Endorsements and affiliations: MikTek Microphones, AVID, Klotz Cables, CAD Headphones, ToonTrack, Parker Guitars, Taylor Guitars, Steven Slate, Seymour Duncan Pickups, D'Addario, Bugera; Dangerous Music, Digidesign, Focusrite, IK Multimedia, Altiverb, Focal Monitors, and SurgeX.

Pro Tools 12.4 HD, MBP Quad-core 2.5Ghz i7, 16GB RAM, UAD-2.
Interfaces: UA Apollo 8