Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2009, 08:48 AM

Default Am I Just Lucky?

Ok, I see so many people complaining and having issues with Pro Tools all sorts of errors blah blah blah blah blah....

I have been using Protools LE from 6.something all the way up to 8. Started with an Mbox2 on a G4 ibook, and now have 2 mobile mpowered/lightbridge systems and mix on a 002 in the studio.

I have used both PC's AND Macs to host these systems. I have NEVER had any issues with them. From a prefab Dell tower, to my Macbook Pro laptops, to my Mac Pro tower. Everything works fine.

My question is, what the heck are you guys doing that's causing all these problems? It can't be Digi's "fault" because I am living proof that Pro Tools DOES work. Heck, I run some pretty heavy duty 3rd party plugins too, like Sonnox, URS, UAD2, etc.

Thoroughly confused....
Old 12-21-2009, 08:50 AM

Default Re: Am I Just Lucky?

I have to co-sign here with Lynn not that its needed but I haven't had any issues either since v6 on either platform; Had 1 major issue back a lonnggg while ago but it was on me...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 AM

I don't mean to sound heartless, I just don't understand. Digi does lay compatibility out pretty plain and simple.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 AM

Ditto, in that no problems with PT that didn't have a solution. However, my 1.6GHz PPC G5 continues to this day to have what I think to be an un-fixable problem. It freezes every once ina while- may every 4 hours or so- no particular pattern. Can be in Pro Tools or just idle, or any other app.- it will just completely freeze and need to be forced down and re-started. I read somewhere that it probably has to do with a "video on screen issue" for which a firmware update was issued for the 1.8GHz PPC, but never made available for 1.6GHz. The whole motherboard has died twice over the last 4 years- and fixed twice (not cheap). I know, I should upgrade- but can't afford. Any other technical insight or recommendations would certainly be appreciated though. I'm done trying to trouble-shoot this problem.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:08 AM

I've said many times before, that out of all my post I have, I can count on 1 hand how many were problematic for me...

The AGGRIVATING WHITE NOISE thread was my only major issue which I ended up figuring out after it was a mystery to all including Digi...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
I've said many times before, that out of all my post I have, I can count on 1 hand how many were problematic for me...

The AGGRIVATING WHITE NOISE thread was my only major issue which I ended up figuring out after it was a mystery to all including Digi...
I've built my share of fringe stuff and PT has worked out pretty well. usually if it runs it runs and if it dont - it dont.

K.I.S.S. works wonders too. not installing 10,000 trail versions and demos or every piece of shareware that comes down the pike.

There are people here that have issues regardless of whether they are on Mac or PC, Laptop or tower, FW or USB, etc. It would be funny if it were not so tragic.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-21-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post

K.I.S.S. works wonders too. not installing 10,000 trail versions and demos or every piece of shareware that comes down the pike.

There are people here that have issues regardless of whether they are on Mac or PC, Laptop or tower, FW or USB, etc. It would be funny if it were not so tragic.
Yeahppp & Yeahppp

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY

Old 12-21-2009, 12:04 PM

+1 for this thread. :)

Almost 3 years now using Pro Tools on both platforms (but mostly Mac :P), and still loving it!

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 12-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Yeahppp & Yeahppp
You've met some of those folks too have you.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-21-2009, 12:12 PM

I have to say no issues here either and I have a ton of VI's and plug ins, I'm not even keeping it simple. I have a mix plus system too and until it blew up no problems there either. In the big studio never had a problem with any of the HD rigs.