Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2006, 06:40 PM

Default noise reduction / sound cleaners for XP?

other than waves restoration, are there any plugins for XP that are good quality for cleaning up dialog, etc? i've tried sound soap Pro on mac before and it didn't seem to work very well, at least what i was trying to clean up with it didn't turn out good. DINR seems to not really be working for me either. do i get a G5 and use sonic NoNoise?

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 10-24-2006, 07:08 PM

Default Re: noise reduction / sound cleaners for XP?

Hello. You have a lot to choose from. Cedar plug ins are for XP, Algorithmix plug ins are for XP, Adobe Audition is for XP. Adobe Audition is not a noise reduction plug in, it's a software application, but it has fabulous noise reduction tools. You may also want to look through Voxengo and Sonalkasis plug ins, as well as the Sony stuff. I don't know if Sonic No Noise is available for XP, but I believe they may be.

Algorithmix and Cedar are the top of the heap. Good luck.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Hello. You have a lot to choose from. Cedar plug ins are for XP, Algorithmix plug ins are for XP, Adobe Audition is for XP. Adobe Audition is not a noise reduction plug in, it's a software application, but it has fabulous noise reduction tools. You may also want to look through Voxengo and Sonalkasis plug ins, as well as the Sony stuff. I don't know if Sonic No Noise is available for XP, but I believe they may be.

Algorithmix and Cedar are the top of the heap. Good luck.
thanks for the input! when i did a search i was finding mostly sonic nonoise, and when i visited there site i can't seem to find info on XP versions.

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2
Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM

I second the Voxengo. It's called Reduceniose. Fing fantastic. Beating waves and sony all to hell.
Peace,
Brandon
Custom Build CPU, HDX 1, Omni, 192 I/O Digital
S6 M10 24 fader
Satellite Mac Pro, HDNative, 192 I/0
Black Magic HD Extreme
Old 10-25-2006, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Adobe Audition is for XP. Adobe Audition is not a noise reduction plug in, it's a software application, but it has fabulous noise reduction tools.
I highly recommend anyone who has an XP machine to add Audition to their box of tricks. It’ll never replace PT. Its multi-tracking sucks compared to PT, but when it’s in single-file mode, its wave editing tools are outstanding! It has saved me on many occasions.

I have my Audition PC and PT Mac networked so when I need to fuss with something I can go to the PC, load the file into Audition from the network location and do whatever I need. When I save the file, I save over the original file (which is actually a duplicate…I’m not that crazy) and then it’s right there for the Pro-Tools session.

"I bent my wookie"
Old 10-25-2006, 08:45 PM

I have been using the Oxford denoise and wow. I have used them all over the years and these are fast easy to use. you can download a trial , IT works on XP
www.sonyplugins.com
cheers
Old 10-26-2006, 05:56 AM

Quote:
I have been using the Oxford denoise and wow. I have used them all over the years and these are fast easy to use. you can download a trial , IT works on XP
www.sonyplugins.com
cheers
that's a good tip, i never knew sony had one - oxford restoration tools, rtas only, right? i am going to download the demo and give it a shot.