Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 10-23-2021, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Adat detection Problems With Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Yeah. That’s called an AD converter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ha ha. Guess my subtle attempt a humorous sarcasm missed

But seriously is there some relatively inexpensive 2 channel line level in ADAT out A/D converter that might be applicable ? I know there are 2 channel ones for the consumer Audio market but arn't most of those audiophile type and pretty spendy
?

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 10-23-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post

But seriously is there some relatively inexpensive 2 channel line level in ADAT out A/D converter that might be applicable ? I know there are 2 channel ones for the consumer Audio market but arn't most of those audiophile type and pretty spendy
?
Just trying to help You could go

Apollo -> Radial DiNET DAN-TX2 -> RDL SF-ND2 -> RME ADI-192 DD -> Focusrite 18i20

That is

Analog out -> Dante -> AES/EBU -> ADAT

Or maybe it's just easier run the analog out on the Apollo into an analog in on the Carbon (or Focusrite).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 10-23-2021 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Just trying to help You could go

Apollo -> Radial DiNET DAN-TX2 -> RDL SF-ND2 -> RME ADI-192 DD -> Focusrite 18i20

That is

Analog out -> Dante -> AES/EBU -> ADAT

Or maybe it's just easier run the analog out on the Apollo into an analog in on the Carbon (or Focusrite).
Well you could just go Apollo --Carbon, but the analog ins on the Carbon are already so good IMO , I don't see the point. I have never had any Apollo stuff but my guess is if you are not going backwards , you are at best sideways..

Me if I thought I need more than the 8 on Focusrite and the 8 on the Carbon and I wanted to do it fairly inexpensively I would just sell the Apollo get a Presonus Quantum 2626 for $699 and be done with it
Or go for the RME Fireface 802 and get 4 high quality mic pres

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-23-2021 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:59 PM

Default Adat detection Problems With Carbon

Quote:

?

Doh! That flew over my head.

The other thing to remember is that AFAIK, Carbon’s ADAT inputs can’t be configured as 2 channel SPDIF so even if he did have a way to output 2 channels from the Apollo, Carbon won’t see that configuration.

As mentioned, going line out the Apollo to line in on the Carbon is the only way. But, you’re not gaining an extra 2 channels this way which is what the OP wants.

I concur with the suggestion to sell the Apollo and buy something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Well you could just go Apollo --Carbon, but the analog ins on the Carbon are already so good IMO , I don't see the point. I have never had any Apollo stuff but my guess is if you are not going backwards , you are at best sideways..

Me if I thought I need more than the 8 on Focusrite and the 8 on the Carbon and I wanted to do it fairly inexpensively I would just sell the Apollo get a Presonus Quantum 2626 for $699 and be done with it
Or go for the RME Fireface 802 and get 4 high quality mic pres
Well I was not being too serious. But now looking around online I'm concerned that the RME ADI-192 may be leaving the market. That's such a handy box.

The *only* reason I'd see for the Apollo is if you particularly loved tracking with one of the mic sims/plugins/console... but if you did that you'd not buy a Carbon. And maybe you keep the Apollo for a small/transportable interface but frankly it seems so orthogonal to a Carbon that I just don't see much point. I'd ditch it as well.