Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-14-2023, 05:18 PM

Default Uninstalling PT10

I've been running PT10 with an MBox2Pro as I collect the parts for a TDM system. I've done that. I have the core card, one DSP card, a 192 i/o with 2 input cards one output card and a digital card, various snakes with D25 connectors, an Avid MIDI and a Pre on the way. As I understand it, I need to make sure the hardware is installed before I install the software which is already installed. It seems I need to uninstall PT, insert the cards and then reinstall with those cards in place but when I tried that I got nothing. The uninstaller asked me which kind of uninstall I wanted, I chose "complete". Then it asked me to sign in, I did. After that I clicked "Uninstall" and nothing happened. I tried several times, rebooting, unplugging the MBox2Pro firewire, unplugging everything else (externally hard drive, Ilock, thumb drive), tried a partial uninstall and still the same thing, nothing.

I'd like to know why I can't uninstall but do I really need to? When I launch I see Protools 10HD. Can I install the cards, reboot and be on my way?
Old 05-15-2023, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Uninstalling PT10

Just run the uninstaller that is in the utilities folder in the Avid file.
You would want to select the proper installation for the HD cards.
As long as you have an HD license you should be good to go.