Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 02-15-2021, 06:12 PM

Default I bought a perpetual license and haven't received confirmation or activation

Or any sort of response from Avid through email or otherwise. I sent a message through Avid's website system. Still no response. Is this normal? Can I expect any sort of help in any sort of timely manner from these folks?

Of course, if I try to call them I can't get through because I don't have an ASC to punch into the automated system.

Pro tools doesn't show up in "view my products" or "products not yet downloaded". There's no license or activation in my ilok account. It DOES however show up in my order history.

I've spent the last few days on forums looking for a solution. It seems this isn't a case of me not knowing where to go to find the download or not knowing what to do. This is clearly on Avid's end to fix some sort of bug that updates my account after a purchase, which it hasn't done yet. Is there any way I can actually speak to a human that works at Avid? Really at my wit's end here.

My case number is 04118262

Last edited by dallasbryson; 02-16-2021 at 06:59 AM. Reason: added my case number
Old 02-16-2021, 04:37 PM

Default Re: I bought a perpetual license and haven't received confirmation or activation

Things are pretty backed up everywhere right now, so I’m sure you are in the support queue.

I’ll see if I can escalate your case though.

System Details
Old 02-16-2021, 05:34 PM

Default Re: I bought a perpetual license and haven't received confirmation or activation

Thank you so much! I appreciate the help. If you need any more info from me, please let me know.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:40 PM

Yes this is my problem. I purchased a perpetual license for Pro tools studio and haven’t received any correspondence from avid. When should I expect an email?
Old 05-27-2023, 02:45 PM

Probably most of these problems are on the user side. Did you check your email spam folder... You can also check you credit card provider to see if the transaction went through. You can check your iLok.com account to see if a license has been deposited there.

It is not uncommon for folks to provide an incorrect email address or provide the wrong iLok account info. Did you create your Avid.com and iLok accounts just now to do this purchase or have they been around and working for a while?

But it's also just not uncommon for the Avid store to have glitches, in which case nobody knows... worse case you have a long weekend until anybody is back at Avid and you can try contacting the Avid store or filing a store support ticket.

Generally resellers like Vintage King or Sweetwater offer much better sales support, especially if you are new to Avid products.
Old 05-27-2023, 05:38 PM

Thank you for replying Darryl!

Yes my payment has gone though. My bank account has sent Avid the payment.

I have 2 possible problems that I see.

1. I'm not sure if I see my purchase in my products page. It says I have a perpetual license for Pro tools Intro, but I purchased Pro Tools Studio. Its that the same thing?

2. Avid has iLok account username as my email address and my iLok account name is not my email address. I keep trying to change the iLok username under linked accounts but the Avid website it not registering the change.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:10 PM

I have an important job to finish.

I've even tried to purchase a phone call from Avid support and the website will not accept my card. I've tried 3 different cards and PayPal.

I'm almost ready to reinstall Logic Pro...
Old 05-27-2023, 07:42 PM

Now you are posting about your issue across multiple threads, please don't do that, it wastes other users time going over the same stuff with you.

Pro Tools Intro is the free version of the software. Pro Tools Studio is the widely used mid-tier version of the software, what was previously just Pro Tools or Pro Tools standard. I expect you purchased the correct version.

In if the purchase went thought Under your My Avid account in the "My Products" section you should see a Pro Tools Studio product. Black bar, (like for Pro Tools Intro), click on the down arrow icon in that bar. But who knows what happens when you provide the wrong iLok account info, which it seems like you did. I would expect the product shows up in your Avid.com account but you just never get the iLok license.. but who knows, if that iLok.com account does not exist maybe the whole thing falls over.

It's a three day long weekend in the USA, which likely also shuts down Avid support in the Philippines. So you are not going to get a response for a few days. Be sure to file a store support case here: https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support. (hopefully you can file a store support case, you likely can't file any other cases now).

If you expect this to work with iLok cloud and and spotty internet connection.. forget it it won't work reliably. You need a physical iLok, which unless you get super lucky and find one in a music store is going to take a while to deliver to you in Bali.

Until then you can keep using Intro... which can be licensed per machine/does not use a physical iLok, Pro Tools Studio cannot be machine licensed.

If you are super desperate you might be able to use the old Pro Tools ultimate monthly trial. If you changed your iLok.com info to point to the right account. Then see https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...Ultimate-trial. I can't tell if that is still working or not because it detects I've done the trial before and redirects me. But you are going to need an iLok if your Internet is unreliable. You also have the option of purchasing a one month subscription if you absolutely need this and can't get a hold of anybody. Or if Intro will do what you need for now/you can work around it's limitations just use that. Or yes use Logic Pro (I use both, many folks here do, I personally would not uninstall Logic Pro and replace it with Pro Tools, even though I much prefer Pro Tools for audio work, I sure prefer Logic Pro for MIDI/instruments). There is no reason both DAW programs will not coinstall/coexist as long as both are compatible with the macOS version.

The Avid store credit card processing is flakier than it should be at the best of times... but here your original credit card transaction might also be being stalled because anti-fraud systems geolocated you in Bali and if you are from San Diego. Your credit card might seem to show the transaction or show it as pending, and it might not really have gone through. I know there have been online purchases on my own USA card where they looked like they were fully processed and the bank/card processor had hung up the transaction suspecting fraud.

Or... Find a spot on the beach away from the annoying Australian hordes and crack open a Bintang, or take a drive up into the mountains... and cool off. Oh those green luscious mountain views...

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-27-2023 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2023, 12:09 AM

Ok you’re right. You really know how to calm a guy down. I went ahead and installed the minimum Logic install. That will get me through the week. Once the dust settles and my purchase is official I need to know how to get my iLok username changed in my Avid account. Have a nice Sunday.
Old 05-28-2023, 09:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinazo View Post
Ok you’re right. You really know how to calm a guy down. I went ahead and installed the minimum Logic install. That will get me through the week. Once the dust settles and my purchase is official I need to know how to get my iLok username changed in my Avid account. Have a nice Sunday.
Hi, I found the support case opened for this. I've alerted the webstore tea with the situation. The order has already been placed. If the product is still not in your account after 24 hours, please let me know.

Thank you,
-Tope